Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Electric assisted bike banned for being too fast at 28mph
  • njee20
    Free Member

That’s a non-story, it was already excluded, they’re just not creating an exemption for it, and frankly why should they?

If they ban everything over 15mph why allow one that specific model that doubles that!?

It’ll be allowed in Germany because they have a special class for such bikes which require you to have a licence and insurance. May as well just get a moped!

rkk01
    Free Member

May as well just get a moped!

or a “push”bike

njee20
    Free Member

Well yes, but I’m just not that sure I get this, it’s far more expensive than many scooters, or indeed many nice ‘push’ bikes and about the only place you can ride it requires you to be licenced!

ton

May as well just get a moped!

what if for some reason, you still want to cycle with some assist?

njee20
    Free Member

Then you’ll have to have a 15mph one, can still pedal faster, just not assisted.

My point is aimed conceptually at bikes that do nearly 30 and require a licence.

jota180
    Free Member

what if for some reason, you still want to cycle with some assist?

What do you think a moped is – the clue is in the name 🙂

ton

a moped runs on petrol. a electric assist bicycle does not.

carlosg
    Free Member

One of my mates has built an old DDG Slammer DH bike into an E-bike , he’s clocked it at 47mph across a local plying field 😯

singletrackmind

One of my mates has built an old DDG Slammer DH bike into an E-bike , he’s clocked it at 47mph across a local plying field

I so want one of those .

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Electric assisted bike banned for being too fast at 28mph’ is closed to new replies.