• This topic has 1,256 replies, 187 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Cougar.
Viewing 17 posts - 1,241 through 1,257 (of 1,257 total)
  • Official STW General Election Night thread
  • zippykona

If you look back two pages you’ll see I mentioned the time Arlene Foster’s predecessor Peter Robinson led a force of UDA men over the Irish border, hospitalised two police men, vandalised buildings in the town (including the protestant church) and staged mock military parades. But really that’s only the tip of the ice berg. DUP / Free P founder Ian Paisley was single handedly and directly responsible for the escalation of violence in NI, more so than any other individual.

He formed the organisations that would ultimately BECOME the UDA/UFF/UVF terror groups. Groups he formed planted collaborated with the security serices, planting bombs and carrying out assassination which they blamed on the IRA

But apart from that they are fine people to form a government with.

stumpyjon

How would this work if, for example, one of them ended up as Home Secretary, and there was a terrorist atrocity on the sabbath?

Well that’s one of the issues with the DUP, they’re not a proper party and don’t have to take responsibility, there’s always grown ups around to pick up the pieces when they have a hissy fit. Being in government means you’re supposed to be the grown ups. Mind you May doesn’t seem to understand that either basing most of her election campaign on calling the man on the other side Mr Stinky or words to that effect.

ninfan
    Free Member

Somebody on the Today programme was talking about the backlash against the DUP/Tory Coalition. They were worried that it may affect the parties forward leaning, socially aware and progressive values.

Well, that’s just tough ****, the Tories are just going to have to try and catch up with them 🙂

zippykona

If you have a tory mp write to them and show your displeasure with this coalition.

frankconway

NI politics has been un(der) reported by uk media for as long as i can remember but that *must* now change.
    Detailed in-depth analysis is now becoming essential.
    How long before May writes the first cheques – literal or metaphorical – for DUP?
    This marriage of convenience won’t last as the wafer thin working majority will depend on 100% tory turnout, obedience and obiesance for every parliamentary vote. That will only happen if three line whip for every vote.
    Parliamentary paralysis and blank cheques for DUP.
    What an unholy mess.

jimjam
    Free Member

frankconway
    Parliamentary paralysis and blank cheques for DUP.
    What an unholy mess.

They’re well used to that 😆

It’s only a matter of time before Arlene takes the fall for the RHI scandal. And Hopefully Peter Robinson’s role as “fixer” in the NAMA scandal and his £7-45 million pound pay day comes to light.

frankconway

@jimjam: re RHI…..DUP will ‘expect’ may to protect foster but may will refuse to comment or get involved – other than saying it’s a matter for the DUP/Stormont.

Interesting that DUP have said no talks this weekend; ratchets up the pressure on May.
    Sunday papers will make for interesting reading.

jimjam
    Free Member

frankconway

@jimjam
    : re RHI…..DUP will ‘expect’ may to protect foster but may will refuse to comment or get involved – other than saying it’s a matter for the DUP/Stormont.

There’s no way anyone can protect her. She has to take the blame – it was her project. She is directly responsible for squandering half a billion pounds, all the while allowing elders of her church to feather their nests with tax payers money. It’s complete banana republic corruption, blatant, open and exposed.

The fact that she was willing to collapse stormont rather than resign shows the level of arrogance they posses.

kimbers

.DUP will ‘expect’ may to protect foster but may will refuse to comment or get involved – other than saying it’s a matter for the DUP/Stormont.

Yes she will carry on exactly as she has before, avoiding debate or scrutiny, love that her speech yesterday was exactly the same denials of reality and empty soundbites we’ve seen since she was elected leader

Interesting that DUP have said no talks this weekend; ratchets up the pressure on May.

They know May has a very tight deadline, smart of the DUP, they also know May is both vulnerable and easy to manipulate into u-turns, – that was when she had a 20pt lead in the polls and a genuine majority!

GrahamS

Conveniently the DUP said a couple of days before the election that they no longer accepted endorsement from the Ulster Loyalist paramilitaries.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-40182151

So I guess that’s fine then. 😐

deadkenny
    Free Member

zippykona – Member 
    If you have a tory mp write to them and show your displeasure with this coalition.

Tried writing to my Tory MP before, and just get back stock party line reply. He’s a true Tory Boy and totally useless. Still the idiots vote for him.

mrmo
    Free Member

DUP and their terrorist links too if you look.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/uk-urged-to-release-dublin-and-monaghan-bombing-files-1.3086727

Sorry to say but the more you dig the more s*** you find! Brexit, the DUP, Media, the Tories the whole lot is corrupt!

zippykona

As much as I despise Chris failing Grayling he always responds to my letters.

jimjam
    Free Member

mrmo – Member

DUP and their terrorist links too if you look.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/uk-urged-to-release-dublin-and-monaghan-bombing-files-1.3086727

Sorry to say but the more you dig the more s*** you find! Brexit, the DUP, Media, the Tories the whole lot is corrupt!

They’ll probably withhold the release of any documents until the relevant members of the RUC, Special Branch and MI5 who assisted the UVF in carrying out the bombings are dead.

Either that or any relevant information will be “lost”.

mrmo
    Free Member

jimjam, i think it is fair to say that for as long as the DUP are involved with the Tory government nothing will be released. But yes i can see it being withheld for another few decades at least.

frankconway

Hill and Timothy both ‘resign’.

Cougar

The election is over and the discussion is now mirroring the two hundred and thirty seven other politics threads (notably http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/conservative-coalition-with-dup ) so I’m going to close this now. Thanks for playing.

Viewing 17 posts - 1,241 through 1,257 (of 1,257 total)

The topic ‘Official STW General Election Night thread’ is closed to new replies.