Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 1,563 total)
  • Election Campaign
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

You don’t need to be @jhj to draw some clear links between Galloway and this crook. It also seems the Labour party made some clear links between Rahman and extremists

From the Telegraph

Rahman was narrowly re-elected as an independent in May last year, even though he had been expelled from the Labour Party for his links with an Islamic extremist group and his council was under Government investigation for misuse of funds.

Well firstly no one as far as I can seen had even mentioned George Galloway on this thread so why on earth did you say :

“On a somewhat related note, the Mayor of Tower Hamlets has been found guilty of electoral fraud.”

Related to what ?

Secondly what has the Daily Telegraph quote that Lutfur Rahman won an election and defeated the Labour candidate, or your claim that some people have called for Ken Livingstone’s the expulsion from the Labour Party got to do with anything being discussed at all?

How is it “on a somewhat related note” ? Or “related to the general election” as you later claimed. There is clearly no connection whatsoever with what was being discussed.

And finally on a somewhat related note, here’s my random contribution, a picture of Lutfur Rahman spending a few relaxing minutes with the brother of the leader of the Labour Party and quite possibly the next UK Prime Minister (on whose authority does the Prime Minister act? The Queen)

Proving that they’re both paedophiles and probably knew Jimmy Savile.

Northwind

ernie_lynch – Member

Related to what ?

Dishonest politicians presumably

ninfan
    Free Member

So the evidence they are linked is he spoke in support of him

Not just that, Respect not only backed his candidacy as mayor, and agreed not to run against Rahmans Tower Hamlets first party in elections

kimbers

The English votes thing is a very good plea by the Tories to win back kippers to the fold

Especially as it hides HSBC s announcement that they might leave the uk over our potential exit from the EU, No party will want to discuss that at length

As does the Tories measured over-reaction to millibands claims that Cameron was ineffective on Libya

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Dishonest politicians presumably

But jambalaya denied that he had Grant Shapps in mind when he made the comment, he said “related to the general election”. I can’t see any connection between Lutfur Rahman and the general election in two weeks time. Which is fair enough I suppose but I was intrigued as to why he made the claim.

Of course Z-11 came along and posted a picture of George Galloway and then jambalaya decided that was he meant by “on a somewhat related note”.

All very strange.

I get the impression, based from pass experience, that jambalaya and Z-11 made some cockeyed attempt to to deflect criticism away from the Tory Party and direct it at the Labour Party, so jambalaya came up with Lutfur Rahman and Z-11 came up with George Galloway. It’s the only explanation I can think of.

ninfan
    Free Member

direct it at the Labour Party, so jambalaya came up with Lutfur Rahman and Z-11 came up with George Galloway

Strange, directing things at the Labour Party by targeting people who have been expelled?

Mind you, it’s funny to find that another certain politician with a history of expulsion fron the party seems to have been tied up in this complex web of sticking up for each other doesn’t it? Strange how they all seem to stick together!

just5minutes
    Free Member

Former minister in the last Labour Government; Lord Digby Jones, has made a rather explosive intervention in today’s Telegraph that strikes to the core of Ed Milliband’s understanding of how the economy works:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/general-election-2015/11559549/Open-letter-to-Ed-Miliband-Leader-of-the-Labour-party-from-Lord-Jones-of-Birmingham.html

Worth a read..

duckman

Especially as it hides HSBC s announcement that they might leave the uk over our potential exit from the EU, No party will want to discuss that at length

I can think of a party that would LOVE to discuss that at length 😆

PS Dode Galloway is a legend,I also suspect that if there was anything more on him,our press would have dug it out years ago. He also has some of the best put downs I have ever seen.
    (See GG v US senate as an example)

jambalaya
    Free Member

Electoral fraud is clearly a topic related to the General Election. i said somewhat related but the more research I do the more I think its highly related not just in Tower Hamlets but in Bradford West.

So as its lunchtime I did some googling and reading up.

Rahman was kicked out of the Labour party due to his links to (membership of ?) the Islamist Forum of Europe. An organisation set up many years ago to support and represent the Bangladeshi community but one which seems to have taken a different direction. It was the subject of a Dispatches documentary showing it’s extremist Islamist views and preference for Sharia Law over any other. George Galloway was recorded as saying he could not have gotten elected as an MP without the Islamist Forum of Europe (“more than I should probably say”). Rahamn was supported on Tower Hamlets council by Respect party members.

When Rahman started to be investigated Livingstone and Galloway attended a meeting to support him (that’s where the photo comes from). The links between Rahman and Galloway and their shared support, financial and political are quite clear.

The Evening Standard reported some of the testimony at the recent trial where various people including senior Labour party officials said Rahman had been “brainwashed” by the fundamentalists.

Story Link

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

ninfan – Member

Strange, directing things at the Labour Party by targeting people who have been expelled?

Strange ? Yes of course it is, which is precisely why I used the term cockeyed. Presumably jambalaya thought people would make a vague association between Lutfur Rahman and the Labour Party, I can’t think of another explanation.

Who knows apart from you as to why you posted a picture of George Galloway when it had absolutely nothing to do with jambalaya’s claim that there is a connection between Rahman’s conviction for electoral fraud and next month’s general election.

I suspect that in your weird mind you thought posting a picture of Galloway and suggesting dark but unspoken insinuations was having a pop at me. I’ve learnt to accept that your mind doesn’t necessarily follow normal logic.

MSP

Former minister in the last Labour Government; Lord Digby Jones

Don’t kid yourself that Jones is labour, he is a tory boy through and through. He was brought into browns laughable “government of talents” as a concession to big business to show that nu labour would dof their caps to capitalist demands.

His war cry when he was head of the CBI was always to blame government for businesses inability to train their staff. He is a right wing drum beater of the very worse kind, always demanding state assistance for corporate profits.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Just for the avoidance of doubt I haven’t directed ANY critism at the Labour party over this Rahman issue. In fact the Labour party have been exemplary in expelling him and for the individuals who borough the prosectution against him. I support the calls from within the Labour party for Livingstone to be ejected also for his support of Rahman.

nemesis
    Free Member

just5minutes – Member
    Former minister in the last Labour Government; Lord Digby Jones, has made a rather explosive intervention in today’s Telegraph that strikes to the core of Ed Milliband’s understanding of how the economy works:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/general-election-2015/11559549/Open-letter-to-Ed-Miliband-Leader-of-the-Labour-party-from-Lord-Jones-of-Birmingham.html

Worth a read..

Is disappointed. God knows I tend to enjoy things that make the Labour party look stupid but this definitely wasn’t one of them. More straw men than a farmer’s field.

jambalaya
    Free Member

HSBC. They review their UK status every three years as a matter of course. Standard Chartered (90,000 employees worldwide 2,500 in UK) have faced calls from major shareholder Aberdeen Asset Management to do the same (largest shared holder is the Singapore Sovereign Wealth Fund FYI). The “bank levy” has increased massively since being introduced, its got the the point where it is making economic sense to relocate the HQ. HSBC is only here as it bought Midland Bank, prior HQ was always Hong Kong. Stan Chart is here due it’s history as a bank established by Royal Charter to serve the Commonwealth/Empire, the rationale for being here today is much weaker and it created a dual listing on the Hong Kong stock exchange a few years ago.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member

Electoral fraud is clearly a topic related to the General Election.

Well general election related electoral fraud hasn’t made the headlines, if it’s a hot topic as you appear to suggest, which is strange. And it wasn’t what was being discussed on this thread. And the Rahman case has nothing to do with any general election, or any other parliamentary election.

But apart from that, yeah, I can see how it’s related.

On a somewhat related topic let’s talk about tax fraud …… tax fraud and Tory politicians :

Tories Defend Lord Green, Tory Peer Who Ran HSBC, Over Tax Evasion Allegations

The Conservatives have mounted a robust defence of their former ministerial colleague Stephen Green, who was chairman of HSBC while the bank is alleged to have helped clients dodge tax payments totalling millions of pounds.

ninfan
    Free Member

Ernie, I reckon that if you can’t see any parallels between Rahmans success in TH, and his bessie mates in Respect and their campaign in Bradford, then you’ve probably never been to Bradford!

binners

Its difficult to gauge which claim is the most ludicrously, hysterically stupid…..

a) The SNP intend to use their evil influence in a coalition to turn Britain into a communist state

b) All those people are drowning in the sea off Italy because of Dave

Either way, its pretty depressing than rather than say anything remotely positive, they’ve now resorted to stuff as patently ridiculous as this. Its embarrassing!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No I have never been to Bradford Z-11. I don’t regard a conviction for several offences related to electoral fraud as “success in TH”. And I now understand that you are directly accusing George Galloway of electoral fraud in Bradford. Although I’ll wait until someone reports the accusation to the electoral commission, the police, whoever, before taking your allegation seriously.

ninfan
    Free Member

Why?

Surely if anything I have said is untrue then he can sue me for Libel!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

ninfan – Member

Why?

Because shocking as it might seem I don’t take what you say seriously. In fact I’m constantly amused by the bizarre claims that you make.

BTW Rahman won the mayoral election in Tower Hamlets by 3,252 votes, Galloway won Bradford West with a majority of 10,140 which obviously makes Rahman’s fraud pale into insignificance in comparison.

You would have thought Galloway might have toned it down a shade, I mean winning by over 10,000 votes is just drawing attention to yourself.

ninfan
    Free Member

Yet 20,000 voters have dropped off the Bradford electoral roll since last year when they put in place new anti-fraud measures…

duckman

ninfan – Member

Yet 20,000 voters have dropped off the Bradford electoral roll since last year when they put in place new anti-fraud measures…

Posted 21 minutes ago #

Meaning what? That GG only won because he faked 20,000 voting registrations?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Kimbers – you are missing the main reason – regulation and the bank levy. HSBC are very vocal about the “burden” (sic) of regulation post the crisis and they and others are mightily pi44ed about the on-going levy. Which is ironic when the gov are painted as living in the pockets or pandering to the bankers!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Out of interest, what has happened to charming George? For a “high profile” politician, he seems remarkably quiet given the risks to his seat or are the bells of London already thrice calling?

epicsteve
    Free Member

Out of interest, what has happened to charming George? For a “high profile” politician, he seems remarkably quiet given the risks to his seat or are the bells of London already thrice calling?

Probably spending time at his house in Portugal instead of in his constituency, as per normal. He’s already working on a plan-B (running for London mayor) once he loses his current seat.

jambalaya
    Free Member

GG is his seat precarious ? I coukd see him winning it again. As for profile he has all his TV work in Lebanon etc to keep him busy.

@duckman its relevant as the changes to voter registration where put in place to counter risk of appications and votes being cast by the “head of household” on behalf of the family members. Just the sort of thing that could happen in such a constituency

duckman

He is also a lawyer. And for Bradford,I could see the two main parties doing well from exactly the same law elsewhere,you know; SNP and Labour.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

teamhurtmore – Member

Out of interest, what has happened to charming George? For a “high profile” politician, he seems remarkably quiet…….

According to just5minutes :

just5minutes – Member

Plenty on George G in the news – just search on google for news in the last 24 hours

Have you thought of checking google news if you’re interested as you claim ?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Worth a read..

Dear Lord you scan all the papers and cherry pick the best Labour bashing piece you can find and even A labour hater can see the holes in it

D- See me after class

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Have you thought of checking google news if you’re interested as you claim ?

Gee thanks Ehrnie, you learn something every day. Its good that google thing isn’t it….

Best used for something more interesting than the gorgeous one though….

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

teamhurtmore – Member

Out of interest, what has happened to charming George?

teamhurtmore – Member

Gee thanks Ehrnie, you learn something every day. Its good that google thing isn’t it….

Best used for something more interesting than the gorgeous one though….

Well make your mind up interested or not? Why ask questions concerning Galloway if you’re not interested?

BTW is your spelling of my name now a permanent feature like your regular reference to Alex Salmond as “DO” ? Another THM joke which no one quite understands and only you find funny ?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Sorrry was a bit subtle – eh, Ernie? 😉

But thanks for the guidance anyway….

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The humorous bit of the joke yes, the rest of the joke I understand.

binners

I see the Tories are instigating Plan B, for if/when they lose. Or more likely, get more MPs elected than labour, but not a majority.

Apparently a party with fewer MP’s than another party, but supported by another smaller party to make up a(n anti-Tory) majority, could not have any democratic legitimacy.

Well Dave… our constitution (such as it is) says it can.

I expect the right wing press will be absolutely hammering this line for the next couple of weeks, preparing the ground to undermine any Labour/SNP arrangement as illegitimate, before it’s even happened 🙄

scotroutes

Nick Clegg is already “on message”. It’s almost like he’s forgotten the LibDems used to be in favour of PR because it would end the two party system. 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

Hopefully Clegg will lose and it will have **** all to do with him. I am starting to hate him like I hated Portillo

I recall newsnight doing a poll [ possibly first Lib Dem conference after the coalition] and 2/3 of activists would rather support labour than the Tories.

As for coalition I guess if you want to do “fairly” what you have to do is work out which combination has the most total votes rather than seats.
    I suspect that will inevitably involve the Lib dems though.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yes Nick Clegg has stated that any coalition formed by the second largest party would lack “legitimacy”.

Other than that Clegg is happy for the third party to be in government with the Conservatives and then Labour and then back with the Conservatives, if need be, and so on.

In other words Clegg thinks that the third party has a “legitimate” right to be in government indefinitely if the arithmetic works out in their favour.

If nothing else his arrogance is impressive.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

preparing the ground to undermine any Labour/SNP arrangement as illegitimate, before it’s even happened

There was a nice article in the ?Graun? about this the other day. Did you read it? A link would be good but my google-foo is weak with a hangover.

Sandwich

In other words Clegg thinks that the third party has a “legitimate” right to be in government indefinitely if the arithmetic works out in their favour.

If nothing else his arrogance is impressive.

Westminster do produce some very confident members of society.

mefty
    Free Member

There was a nice article in the ?Graun? about this the other day. Did you read it? A link would be good but my google-foo is weak with a hangover.

this one

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 1,563 total)

The topic ‘Election Campaign’ is closed to new replies.