Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • elbow pads you barely notice wearing? what's the most comfy?
  • kaiser
    Free Member

looking for all day comfort . not a hardcore rider so extreme protection not really required. just getting old ..never wore anything in the past except helmet (and clothes of course!)
    thanks in advance
    Bill

gelert
    Free Member

I’ve worn Fox Head Launch Enduro Elbow Pads for nearly 3 years for every ride (xc to dh). In that time I’ve changed knee pads many times so it says a lot about the comfort of the elbow pads. Summer and winter. Crashed a few times too. They work very well.

I personally don’t get on with the Fox Launch Knee pads – the Enduro or the Launch Pro… neither work for me. Had them both. But the elbow ones… fantastic.

No epic spills but I tend to crash on really easy bits of trail rather than the hard technical bits. Currently wondering / assessing why I do this after last weekend’s latest noddy crash.

Northwind

The least intrusive pads I’ve ever worn, are my POC Bones. They’re a big hardshell pad but they fit and articulate so well that they don’t need tight straps or anything and they move without any real restriction so they’re actually less bother than anything else I’ve worn. My lightweight gform pads are actually sweatier, because they’re more enclosing- like arm warmers

I think elbow pads are actually pretty hard to do.

martinkiely
    Free Member

x2 for Fox Head Launch Enduro Elbow Pads here – work for me too, a little sweaty on very hot days, but only seem to crash on my elbows when I forget them….

chakaping
    Free Member

Subjective of course, but I have a pair of ION E-pact which just stay where they are and don’t slip down to my wrists like every pair I’ve owned before.

Good protection too.

surfingobo
    Free Member

I purchased a whole selection from CRC and then sent back all the ones I didn’t want. Make sure you get a selection of sizes too as that’s as important.

I ended up with Race Face elbow pads, were only about £20 and are so comfortable. Preferred them to the Dainese Trail Skins 2 as they are a lot lower volume. Ended up with Dainese Trail skins 2 knee pads as the race face ones slipped around as they were not very well shaped for me.

Northwind

Oh, I should have added- those Gforms I have are nice in that I can wear them under other clothes. But they offer about as much protection as the clothes I wear them under, they’re an absolutely token effort. Very disappointing tbh.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Love My POC pads. Joint Vpd or something.

eyestwice
    Free Member

x3 for Fox Head Launch Enduro Elbow Pads

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘elbow pads you barely notice wearing? what's the most comfy?’ is closed to new replies.