Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Elbow pads for tennis elbow?
  • PhilO
    Free Member

I’ve been wearing a clasp on my arm for the last 18 months as a result of tennis elbow. The injury’s finally recovered enough to get back on the MTB. Yay! But I still need to strap the elbow, so does anybody know of any elbow pads which double as tennis elbow compression. Straps?

Ta muchly!

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Have you worked out what was causing the tennis elbow and eliminated it ?

PhilO
    Free Member

MTBing… And I don’t really want to eliminate that! 😉

The serious answer is that I’ve found swept bars help – H-bars were good but I suffered slipping hands, so I’ve compromised on Fleegles with bar ends. Other than that I reckon I’ll just have to avoid too steep and rough for a while as squeezing the brakes while wrestling the bike seems a sure fire route to pain! 🙁

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Have you tried changing the angle of the break levers and/or moving the lever in towards the bars a bit.

Ioneonic

This is the eccentric loading exercise protocol we advise. Worth trying if you haven’t already. Not an answer to your question though, sorry.
    http://www.sheffieldhandandelbowpain.com/assets/info%20leaflets/tennis_elbow_exercises.pdf

PhilO
    Free Member

Thanks Dougal!

It might not be the answer to the question I asked, but it could well be an answer to a more fundamental question! 🙂 I’ll have a closer look later.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Elbow pads for tennis elbow?’ is closed to new replies.