• This topic has 9 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by nach.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Elaborate scam? (Gadget content)
  • Malvern Rider
    Free Member

’Smart’ bracelet that projects screen onto arm

I call dodgy if even doable? Donations only? No crowdfunding? So many questions regarding the tech/physics wouldn’t know where to start….

ontor
    Free Member

Wildly over-optimistic at least. That project can be shot down on the brightness of the LED, the compactness of the projection equipment and the battery size/lifetime.

It’s a bit like this ring project. A nice idea but technologically difficult to make in the budget they will have.

beej

It was kicked off the crowdfunding sites as they couldn’t prove it was possible. No working prototypes, no viable plans for getting to one.

mrjmt
    Free Member

reminds me of these a bit.

if they can get the resolution and brightness, the touch detection is apparently already possible?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

That arm screen thing is pie in the sky. The ring, hmmm, vaguely possible, but will probably end up transferring £2k to your MiL if you forget you’re wearing it and flog the dolphin.

Verdict: impossibruv/10

EDIT: the LASER keyboard works because it’s actually possible to keep a monochromatic beam sharp, and it also works well on flat surfaces. Not arms, and especially not on any bugger’s arm of a different shape to the one it was designed on.

[This is all coming from a guy who “designed”* a Mac mini style small form factor PC with a flip up arm for Laser Keyboard and Screen projection in the wall/desk in 2009]

*Pre-university – it was more of an essay with pictures.

aracer
    Free Member

The last comment “The expression is shut up and take my money” – well I’m sure they’d be happy to do that. Far too many people asking where they can buy one, not enough doubt over whether it’s actually possible.

DezB
    Free Member

Is that where people want gadgetry to go then? Stroking/tickling/rubbing parts of the body to control phones? Fab.

martinhutch

Strangely hairless models there. I think in the future we will all have to be fully waxed every two weeks or our gadgets won’t work properly.

Alternatively, I know a device that can project your arm onto a screen.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

lol @ gofasterstripes. True – the times I’ve come close to mistakenly delivering MoL an Amazon package – and that’s without encumbrace of dolphins, rubbing arms, waving rings or anything other than a conventional mouse.

nach
    Free Member

Reminds me of this scam I saw on Indiegogo today:
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/bleen-3d-without-glasses

It gets bonus points for using easily found stock photos, and the mockups showing it somehow projecting dark colours.

Edit: On second watch, I especially like that the arm in the bath on the Cicret video is out of focus, and the screen is in focus.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Elaborate scam? (Gadget content)’ is closed to new replies.