• This topic has 23 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by gee.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • El Mariachi Titanium 29er now all finished :)
  • gee
    Free Member

I posted a pic of this a while ago while it wasn’t quite finished. It’s now had a new set of bars, cranks and a few other small bits. The flat bar has transformed the handling, it’s so much better in the corners now as the front has so much more grip.

GB

hugor
    Free Member

Fantastic bike. Salsas are very underappreciated in this country.
    I will be buying one of these when I get back to my home country.

fatmax

Looks fantastic, very ‘right’.
    One or two of your chainrings have fallen off though…and that garage door, lets no even go there!
    Bike is beautiful fella, enjoy

saleem
    Free Member

Nice bike.

takisawa2

Awww yesss. Hell yesss.

Vader
    Free Member

yeah thats cool

Bazz

Very nice, wouldn’t mind one myself, just need a lottery win.

charliedontsurf

I’ve ridden one of these and can confirm they are damned nice. Handling is bang on but also the frame feedback is sooooo nice.
    What’s more this ti frame is guaranteed for life and cost much the same as a carbon 29er.
    Jealous.

tk46hal
    Free Member

Nice bike and good to see a Salsa Ti for a change!

tazzymtb

Lovely bike Gee!

My selma* will be up for an “all finished” display next week once my spangly wheels arrive.

You do realise that this will mean that i want a Ti selma now, so will have to sell my kidneys an possibly a part of liver to afford once.

*still blame gee for the purchase of this having seen his 😆

Frankers
    Free Member

Nice looking bike and am looking at one of these myself, what size is it?

Is that a Salsa guaranteed for life or by the manufacturer?

charliedontsurf

Yeah all the salsa ti is USA made and guarranteed for life by salsa.
    I am so happy with our Fargo that I may swap the frame for ti. It’s one of the cool things with salsa: try the steel or alloy version, see if you love the bike, and then get an identical frame in ti. A sort of try before you buy thing.

rOcKeTdOg

very nice, no adjustable dropouts though?

charliedontsurf

Adjustable drop outs. Yeah go for the ti Selma. Very similar but with flopouts.

http://www.charliethebikemonger.com/salsa-ti-selma-titanium-29er-frame-654-p.asp

Salsa really have our weird bike fetishes covered.

monkeyboyjc

ooooooo, shiney

bol

One of the most aesthetically pleasing frames I’ve seen. A mate has got one, and it’s the closest I’ve come to being tempted by big wheels.

pedalhead
    Free Member

lovely. Definitely on my wish list one day

gee
    Free Member

The ti Selma has swinging dropouts but no cable guides – so you can run it geared or SS but you’d have to zip-tie the cables on. The 2011 El Mar ti has a 44mm headtube but the same dropouts as mine.

Taz – tell me about it – the ti Selma is lovely but I don’t think I could justify one for the handful of times a year it gets ridden…

The new tyres are brilliant too – the Snakeskin Schwalbes last for so much longer than the normal ones. Loads of miles ridden on it and still no signs of wear.

GB

c_klein87

looks lovely, was soo close to getting the singlespeed version but bottled at the last minute, should have took the plunge 🙁

charliedontsurf

just a thought… lovely light bike with 800g of water onboard.
    Camelbak would get the weight off the bike

pedalhead
    Free Member

just a thought… lovely light bike with 800g of water onboard.
    Camelbak would get the weight off the bike

personally I’d rather the weight on the bike than my back (hence why I also use bottles), but each to their own 🙂

gee
    Free Member

Haha – yes but Charlie – racing with a Camelbak = GAY. Also it’s too sweaty in the Summer, even on a normal ride.

GB

mocha
    Free Member

Gee, are you sure the Selma has a gear hanger? I heard all the pics were wrong and it has a ‘swinger’ w/o a hanger…

gee
    Free Member

The Selma comes out of the box with the alternator dropouts without a gear hanger – singlespeed only. The drive side alternator dropout with a gear hanger is available as an aftermarket spare part. It just swaps right on in place of the single speed one.

GB

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘El Mariachi Titanium 29er now all finished :)’ is closed to new replies.