Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • El Mariachi sizing
  • skinnysteel
    Free Member

Have an itch for an El Mariachi frame: reductions on 2012’s increasingly tempting, but concerned about sizing. I’m 6’2″ with around a 33″ inside leg. Salsa web site suggests I’m in the overlap between L or XL – which way to go if I get the necessary approval?
    Cheers.

Andy

6’2″ with 35″ inside leg riding a 2011 20″ which seems to be between the L & XL for the newer ones. Reach is spot on for me, which is the most important measurement I think but also I’m leggy so need to watch the seat tube length as have masses of post showing.

I have noticed that I have gone down a size on my 29ers so where I used to ride a 20/21″ 26er I now ride a 19/20″ 29er.

29ers have slighty higher standover as well like for like.

Try one is best – but sounds like you might be a Large. Oh and if near Berkshire welcome to try mine

charliedontsurf

I am the same height as you, and to draw comparison with another salsa, the Fargo, I have owned both a large and XL.

I found the large fine, everything up to the max, seatpost near the limit.

The XL in titanium, I find is also fine.

The table above shows that you can be either size. I would eeeer at a large for off road riding.

Hope this helps.

skinnysteel
    Free Member

Thanks Charlie – just had a browse round your web-site. Wallet says lucky you’re way down south.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘El Mariachi sizing’ is closed to new replies.