Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • El Guapo Forks
  • abeach

I have a V3 El Guapo with the stock RS Lyrik Solo Air R fork. Was thinking of upgrading it with the Mission Control damper but had a spin on a friends new 2014 EG with the RS Pike RC and it felt a fair bit lighter especially upfront.

I am interested to see what people think about the better option, the Pike seems to be about a pound lighter and makes the bike feel a lot more lively.

Options:
    – get the Lyrik upgraded with a service to the Mission Control ~£200.
    – Flog the Lyrik, buy a Pike for ~£600.

rab5474
    Free Member

I’m running slants and think they are fantastic, have used, fox 32’s, 36’s, sweeps, old pikes, revs, recons, and for me the slants win hands down.

Good price and excellent service here

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

My Guapo has a Marz 55 CR upfront replaced a fox 36 rc2
    They are amazing with the extra 10mm on the fox and smoother too
    Tbh they are the best feeling fork I’ve ever had across Fox and Rockshox
    Great £ too

xherbivorex
    Free Member

same as rab5474 here, slants. although i didn’t muck about and went straight for them when i built the bike.

tomaso
    Free Member

Go for a more modern RC2DH damper and pop it in yourself – its easily done. I’ve had both types and while they are both better than the R the more modern damper is much better.

1800g for the Pikes is impressively light. I’d do the maths and if you can get £300 for your old Lyrik and spend the upgrade £$ on the new Pikes it sounds like a winner.

endurogangster
    Free Member

I’ve got marzocchi 55 ti rc3 on mine and the 170mm feels good and pops the bb up a bit higher, of the 2 options I would upgrade the lyriks

nickclift
    Free Member

Sent following email to Loco Tuning back in September just after picked up the El Guapo;
    Hi there. Just about to pick up a new Titus El Guapo. Comes with RS Lyrik R fork. Only has rebound adjust. Is there a MoCo upgrade kit available? How much? Could you do job? Regards, Nick.
    Reply came back;
    Hi Nick,
    yes the IS MoCo will fit they’re £65 (rrp £75) but are currently out of stock with fishers (uk supplier) with no date they’ll be available.
    We can do the work if we have the parts, it’d be £20 plus return postage and would include replacement of the damping oil with Motul Factoryline and the lower leg lubrication too
    Regards

Might be worth a call into Loco again?

abeach

Thanks for the advice. I’ll monitor ebay and see how much the Lyrik R is going for second hand.

The difference in weight was remarkable to the handling of the bike. The Pikes are about 500g lighter. Plus the brand new 2014 EG doesn’t have a chain device as it runs a type 2 rear mech. So there is a weight saving there too. However, I wouldn’t run my EG without a bash or skid plate from a chain device as I regularly hit the plate on mine at the mo.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘El Guapo Forks’ is closed to new replies.