Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • El Clasico
  • tails
    Free Member

Now the big derby was earlier in the week with a 4 – 1 win for Norwich in the Old Farm Derby, but tonight is El Clasico in Barcelona. Who’s your money on? I’m going for 2 – 0 Barca both goals from Villa.

MrGreedy

Much as I’d love to see an end to end attacking game with Messi and Ronaldo at their finest, I have a feeling this one will be tight and tetchy, with Real parking the bus and hoping for a smash and grab. Would love to see Jose’s face if they get stuffed though (almost as much as I enjoyed seeing Keano seething yesterday).

billybob
    Free Member

I’m going for 2 – 0 Barca both goals from Villa.

I think Tottingham Hotspurs will grab another late goal 😉

tails
    Free Member

oh dear! 😆 Anyone got the game in English online?

tails
    Free Member

Reckon I could manage barca!!!

donsimon
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyFmXLGcZkY[/video] 😆

tails
    Free Member

UK internet is a nightmare is it to much to ask to not have to pay sky if i want to watch sport!

Hadge
    Free Member

Jose and Ronaldo getting their arses smacked good and proper :mrgreen: The fourth goal was just brilliant – team goal of the season I reckon.

anotherstan
    Free Member

just for you simon 😉

MrGreedy

That was absolutely superb. Possibly even better than the football was the crazy Geordie summariser on Gol TV (US soccer station). Here’s just a few of the gems he came out with:

On Barcelona:
    “They’re playing rabbit hole football” (WTF?)

On David Villa:
    “He’s got the bio-rhythms of a peregrine falcon”

On Villa’s second goal:
    “It’s like playing poker with a witch”

On Real Madrid:
    “They fell apart like a battered old Saab”

billybob
    Free Member

Always nice to see a Mourinho team get soundly walloped.

tails
    Free Member

Don’t really know what that says about either team, as Real will win next week! As much as I love watching it you’d never see United let arsenal do that to them!

Pigface
    Free Member

Wow what a performance, not a footy fan but can appreciate artistry when I see it.

Any one else get the commentary with Roy Hudson on it, what an amazing commentator, utter drivel but strangely compelling. Cant imagine what the Yanks make of him.

Pigface
    Free Member

Mr Greedy hysterical isn’t he?

MrGreedy

Ah, so that’s who it is – didn’t know his name before. Thanks, now I can search for more genius clips like this one:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS6Np-g_h5w[/video]

Kunstler

“Lionel Messi turned up like a skunk at a wedding.”

Yes, I’ve experienced the charm of his commentary before. It was only bettered by the feed from Sky for an Arsenal match where Richard Keys’ mic was audible for the entire match. He really doesn’t like Theo Walcott. “Useless big girl in your poncy pink boots”. Funnier still when he was trying to find out which of the guest pundits had farted in the commentary box.

That match tonight was very special.

tails
    Free Member

that commentary is amazing! Stuart hall for bbc is another top guy when it comes to funny explanations.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Love Barça for the fact that they are ‘owned’ by their fans, whereas RM actually get government money I’ve heard. Or at least used to. I’ve been lucky enough to watch a game in the Camp Nou; bloody hell. Regardless of how much money Chelsea might have, Stamford Bridge is utterly crap by comparison!

Five-nil. Blimey.

Cristiano who?

donsimon
    Free Member

Love Barça for the fact that they are ‘owned’ by their fans, whereas RM actually get government money I’ve heard.

Real are owned by the fans, or socios, too. Unfortunately Real were the chosen team of Franco and have a large number of supporters from the right. Atletí in the south of the city get most of their fans from the working class. I would be surprised if either Barça or Real were getting either central govt or generalitat money, or perhaps not. Either way it will be pretty much equal, they are as good/bad as each other! 😆

I went to the Santiago Bernabéu several years ago, because the pitch is set below street level the stadium doesn’t look much from the outside, but once inside it’s huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge, visually, possibly, more impressive than Old Trafford, but not emotionally. 😀

Maybe Mourinho has met his match with Real…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘El Clasico’ is closed to new replies.