Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • El Cheapo Bike Bag For Sticking Bike In Boot.
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Further on from this thread, I am thinking for the time being I am going to stick the bike in the car until I get some cash together for something more appropriate.

I currently have one of these for the wheels:

So all I am looking for is something similar which can take what's left of the bike once wheels are removed and keep all the gunk inside the bag and off my interior. Nothing fancy as does not need to stand up to baggage handlers.

Have used bit of tarpaulin before, but would be handy to just be able to chuck it into something and zip it up.

Cheers.

rootes1

ikea bags

vinnyeh

Something like this. Big enough to put the whole bike in if necessary.

Jamie
    Free Member

That's so crazy it might just work Vinneyh.

…well, assuming the plastic is sturdy enough to stop a pedal poking through.

rootes1

how about one of that enormous tartan bags you see people going to launderettes with?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

cheers jamie – will buy one 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I just bought a couple of fleace blankets from a ods and ends shop, £2.99 each, arround 8ft square.

Seats down, blanket down, front wheel out, slide bike in, blanket on top, repeat with next bike.

Jamie
    Free Member

I just bought a couple of fleace blankets from a ods and ends shop, £2.99 each, arround 8ft square.

I have done something similar before, but once the weather gets crappy I found the blankets just got progressively manky and were not waterproof to stop mud/water getting everywhere.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Don't you get bags that fit to your car boot for this sort of purpose?

Jamie
    Free Member
    Trekster
    smurf
    Free Member

I'd go and ask a local bed shop like Dreams for the clear, thick bags that the mattresses are delivered in and use those.

Free, easy to replace if holed / too mucky to bother to clean

smurf

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

I have an in car safe bag which I could let go cheaply if thats of any interest? Covers the whole back of the car with seats folded down and keeps whatever you have in there hidden incase your parking up somewhere risky. Like these:http://www.roofbox.co.uk/safe-bag/

edhornby

ikea bags are sturdy enough for scuba gear, and tough enough for about 10kgs of rubble and plaster attached to a rope and lowered down from the 2nd floor of our house when demolishing the top room

Jamie
    Free Member

ikea bags are sturdy enough for scuba gear, and tough enough for about 10kgs of rubble and plaster attached to a rope and lowered down from the 2nd floor of our house when demolishing the top room

…but how big are they? Not been Ikea in a while, but I thought they were just like big shopping bags? i.e too small for a bike.

groundskeeperwilly

YHM.

steve_b77
    Free Member

THIS is what you'd be after.

Or even ONE OF THESE would do the job nicely :mrgreen:

Jamie
    Free Member

I had a look at the Rhino ones Steve, £80 with the full liner seems a bit steep. Basically if its over £60 then I would just get a DHB bike bag as they look massive.

kaiser
    Free Member

how about
    this

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘El Cheapo Bike Bag For Sticking Bike In Boot.’ is closed to new replies.