Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • EKRANOPLAN!!!!
  • flange
    Free Member

Ok, there was a thread on here not so long ago about them but in my opinion you can NEVER have too much Ekranoplan in your life

Words cannot express how awesome these are…..

druidh
    Free Member

At least someone is keeping the dream alive

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsLkBJzpCyo[/video]

flange
    Free Member

Stick ‘Kaspiysk’ in googlemaps, and you can actually see that very one parked up…..t’internerd is ossum

alfabus
    Free Member

why the intake guard on the 2nd port engine?

is that the most likely to encounter to debris / bodies?

Dave

v8ninety

Stick ‘Kaspiysk’ in googlemaps, and you can actually see that very one parked up…..t’internerd is ossum

No bloody street view though! Damn you apple!!! (erm….)

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

luigi-colani

Someone liked Star Trek a bit too much methinks.

ononeorange

Did they actuslly fly? The wings seem a little, erm, stubby.

mogrim

Quite amazing that a highly guarded state secret like Kaspiysk is now on show for all of us… Nice hovercraft on the sea front, too!

ChrisL

Did they actuslly fly? The wings seem a little, erm, stubby.

IIRC they take advantage of the ground effect principle to skim along very efficiently just above the ground. Or sea, as was usually the case. I’m sure that Google and Wikipedia can provide a wealth of further information, though. 🙂

althepal

Love the fact no one seems perturbed about the caps lock for the title-
    EKRANOPLAN!
    Seems to deserve it somehow!
    Jeezo- that port doesn’t look heavily industrialised at all does it!
    Gotta love the cold war for some things eh?

CountZero

Buzz, thanks for the Colani Ekranoplan, that is outrageous! As is everything else he designed:
    http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2008/05/extravagant-designs-by-luigi-colani.html
    The master of the future that we always wanted to happen. Enjoy!

bazwadah
    Free Member

EKRANOPLAN! should always be in caps (with exclamation mark), and if the word is being spoken should be done in heroic stance – through a megaphone when available. 🙂

don’t think you could be in one of these if you were a nervous flyer, imagine looking out of the window when you are only metres above the sea!.

tried to buy one in model form for my brother in law but they are very rare. EKRANOPLAN!

mogrim

tried to buy one in model form for my brother in law but they are very rare.

EKRANOPLAN!

bazwadah
    Free Member

mogrim – thanks for the link, had not seen that one. however, I must also add that as a tightwad I couldnt justify £130! just found this one – $6!! rocket pods!

DickBarton

This website has a cracking 10 minute video of EKRANOPLAN!…a real shame it got mothballed…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘EKRANOPLAN!!!!’ is closed to new replies.