Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Eken 7" Android Tablet – Anyone using one?
  • geoffj

Like this: http://pcvision.co.uk/shop/product_info.php/cPath/27/products_id/43

Tempted to get one as an eBook reader for my PDFs

Whaddya think?

flipiddy
    Free Member

At first looks like a good deal, but I think the resolution of 800×480 would put me off. If you're surfing, most websites these days are based on a 1024 pixel view, so expect both vertical and horizontal scrollbars.

For pdf viewing only, it would probably be ok?

ipad is 1024.

stuey
    Free Member

iirc – the Eken has appalling battery life 2-3hours tops.

geoffj

iirc – the Eken has appalling battery life 2-3hours tops.

Mmmm read that a couple of places too 🙁

Stoner
    Free Member

I rather like the look of that for browsing in front of the TV etc.

Give it a few months to penetrate the market a bit and see what difficulty the early adopters are having. If you can get hold of one for only a little over £100 then it's almost worth a punt for kicks.

geoffj

If you can get hold of one for only a little over £100 then it's almost worth a punt for kicks.

That's what I'm thinking. If the concept works, then I'll probably go for an iPad (being a fully paid up Apple Fanboi and that 🙂 )

Potdog
    Free Member

Acer has some nice new tablets due out. Think at least one of them is Android based. If it's the Android that's swaying you that way. Otherwise I think the other is windows based.

Cletus

Huawei S7 Android Tablet

Android 2.1\tablet with 3G and 802.11n for £299

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Eken 7" Android Tablet – Anyone using one?’ is closed to new replies.