Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Eight cyclists killed by car in Italy.!
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member
    deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Link doesn’t appear to be working.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

cheers. Tiz fixed now.

parkesie
    Free Member

Thats Grim 🙁

glenncampbell

Here too – utterly depressing stuff. The driver wasn’t seriously harmed, driving whilst already banned. Hope the key gets thrown away.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/eight-cyclists-killed-in-accident-in-italy

midlifecrashes

Awful, reminds me of the Rhyl club got hit at Denbeigh a few years back.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jesus Christ. That really is grim indeed. Eight in one hit and four injured. How the ****… 🙁

deep_river
    Free Member

Very sad,

My main sport/pastime these days is climbing, and very rarely do I here of anyone being killed in the sport, only 1 or 2 a year that I can recall, yet climbing is percieved to be a dangerous ‘extreme sport’. Yet we are constantly being told of cyclists that have died doing the sport. It just reminds us that we have to be careful whilst out on our bikes. Although evidently your luck/life seems to be in the hands of the gods alot of the time.

anc
    Free Member

I just heard 2 cyclists have been killed in cumbria this afternoon. Nasty, take care out there folks, bad bad crack 🙁

grantway
    Free Member

The scum should be shot

jond
    Free Member

>in the hands of the gods

or more accurately, ‘morons in cars’….?

RealMan
    Free Member

Horrifying.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Terrible. Reminded me also of the Rhyl Cycling club images with those mangled bikes. Horrible.

I’ll still be riding my bike…

BoardinBob

How many were killed in this one from a few years ago

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

May remind a few on this forum what the real consequences of drug taking can be.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

This may well sound pathetic, but I don’t ride my bike for transport anymore due to this sort of thing.

MTB is purely a leisure/recreational pursuit for me now. I’ve just had too many near misses on public roads, and know too many people who’ve been hit and injured, some seriously.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Very sad, enforces to me the reason why I don’t desire to ride on the roads unless absolutely forced to. Canal towpaths on my Summer commute or MTB for me only. Roadie riding has always appeared to me to be a bit of a fools game..

awful truly awful.

Pawsy Bear sorry to be a nitpick but really it was not that the guy was on drugs but that the guy was on drugs and chose to drive. Same as having a beer and driving its unforgivable.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

bravohotel9er – Member

This may well sound pathetic, but I don’t ride my bike for transport anymore due to this sort of thing.

Indeed its totally pathetic cycling is safe, the odds of getting killed are very low.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

NB. Dont think I need comment on the flaw in your argument and your implied defence of drug taking.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Eight cyclists killed by car in Italy.!’ is closed to new replies.