Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What to ride in North Wales!
  • T-BOMB
    Free Member

hi there, i'm heading up to north Wales and was wondering what trails are the best and which order to put them in for priority?
    any help would be mega cheers

alexonabike

Trail centre or natural?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Drum Mountain – at Conwy / Llannfairfechan for a long steepish non technical ride just of A55.
    Snowdon Llanberis up Rangers down….. because it is there.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    T-BOMB
    Free Member

trail centers, i think its going to be very wet so well built trails i'm thinking!

mccett
    Free Member

If its gonna be wet, which it is as its not stopped for over a week..
    1) ClimachX with final DH twice
    2) Coed Y Brenin MBR route
    3) Marin trail
    4) Penmachno

Penmachno would be higher up the list in the dry but that slog over the top with a sidewind and a storm is torture. Rest is great though.

5)Llandegla – just so you can make your own mind up and not go with the 'its crap' majority on here. Its fun and its sheltered mostly.

whytetrash

My order would be:-

1. Coed Y Brenin Beast early, bite to eat then Tarw trail
    2. Nant Yr Arian Syfydrin trail
    3. Penmachno..you'll get properly wet mind!
    4. Marin
    5. Llandegla…will be mad busy though!

I'm off to the peaks for a change!

atoms1
    Free Member

Did a similar trip recently, as a group we thought penmachno was excellent and didn't really feel like a trail centre, llandegla black was very good fun despite its rep and Marin was woefully dull apart from the last 5 minutes but wasn't worth the slog.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

1) Nany Y Arian – summit trail
    2) Final descents of Marin (turn off where the outbound and inbound trails cross after the long fir-road climb)
    3) CYB

Vortexracing

Drum Mountain – at Conwy / Llannfairfechan for a long steepish non technical ride just of A55

still a good'un even when wet

mickasaki
    Free Member

Just got back from a week there myself!
    If its going to be wet, you may as well start with penmachno, Your going to get drenched anyway! definatly the nicest centre over there but wet even when it has'nt rained. Nant y Aren as a second choice and Climachx as 3rd, but you may need to do do that one a few times as its very short! There is always good riding at Brenin, and not to busy at the moment, although i wasn't to impressed with the Tawr trail, seem to lose quite a lot of height on fire roads so seems a bit of a waste!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What to ride in North Wales!’ is closed to new replies.