Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • eHarmony have no matches for me!
  • Karinofnine

How funny is that? I filled in the forms and they sent me a personality assessment. Apparently I am disagreeable and unhelpful(although they do contradict themselves further on in the 'assessment').

The best thing is, one Sunday last year I was in a really bad mood, in a lot of pain, and couldn't ride. I decided to join a(nother) dating agency. I was totally negative in all my answers yet I got 47 replies to that one!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

*hug*

[edit] oh, and just lie, it's the internet. [edit]

TSY.
    Rich, Successful, Hollywood Actor, Adonis.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Just don't mention STW there, people will think you're a middleaged bearded IT consultant.
    Alternatively, place an ad here, include pics and get drunk awaiting offers.Or maybe better don't.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I'd blame the moon

Karinofnine

Maybe I should appeal to the STW masses. I need to find a photo of me that is even slightly flattering. Most of my photos make me look lke a short fat gormless idiot. (Oh, perhaps I AM a short, fat …. ) 😆

In the classifieds or as a chat thread?

Amazingly good-looking, wealthy, awesome mountainbiking woman WLTM similar for muddy fun? 😉

travellingman
    Free Member

Yeah, I got the same! To be honest, I was proud I didn't (in a weird way) It sums up that being prepared to be honest about yourself obviously doesn't pay.

Life is full of bullshitters who haven't got the guts to face themselves but they seem to prosper. It says a lot about modern society.

It'll happen mate but when you least expect it!

Jamie
    Free Member

MrNutt:
    I'd blame the moon

Moonist.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Amazingly good-looking, wealthy, awesome mountainbiking woman WLTM similar for muddy fun?

Heeyyy… how you doing? But I'm male 🙁

Karinofnine

I am a woman

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

WLTM similar

Maybe that ^ is where your dating strategy is going wrong?

Hairychested
    Free Member

It surely has to be Classifieds. There're WTD, FS and OT.
    WTD A fella with 9" of travel
    FS Slim, sexy, kinky, Kylie-like bottomed female in early 20's.
    OT Might give you a ride on my bike.

LeeW

Karinofnine – Member
    I am a woman

Is Karin your really name? My SO wants to know. She’s called Karin too and has never heard of anyone with the same name.

Bit OT I know.

Karinofnine

Ah! Yes! Sounds like I’m a woman seeking another woman when in fact I am looking for a man.

Right, off to sort out some photos of myself.

mikey74
    Free Member

You got further than me Karin: I only got halfway through the initial questionnaire before giving up.

loddrik
    Free Member

Send me your vital statistics and a photo and I’ll tell you if I’m interested. Just don’t tell the wife…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member
    Karinofnine

LeeW – yes my name is Karin, with an i. I was born in Germany, although I am a British citizen. My mother was a Prussian refugee, hence the spelling of my name. Does your SO have endless trouble with explaining her name too?

LeeW

Oh yes. although her parents are both British, no ones quite sure where the spelling comes from.

Her ‘P’ head Dad was probably drunk at the Christening.

Karinofnine

The Southern Yeti – Member

a great example of a dating ad….

Brilliant – but I can’t help feeling s/he has narrowed the field a wee bit.

Imagine introducing him/her to your mum/dad/auntie, it’s not going to go well is it?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Same as me Mikey74, about halfway through I started thinking, oh for gods sake you’ve already asked me that question half a dozen times, and I still don’t know what would constitute an accurate answer.

RealMan
    Free Member

Having a go myself, should be interesting. Does anyone under 30 even use sites like this?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

RealMan – aren’t you about to start Uni?

RealMan
    Free Member

Yes, I’m 18.

I like this question, in Section 3: About you..

14. I waste my time.

😀

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Sorry to say this but an 18yr old student on a dating site must be a weirdo!

Stop what you’re doing right now, buy some cheap cider, and get involved with freshers week….. GO!

Karinofnine

You have to rate things from not important to very important and I wonder if I put very important too often. Thing is, to me, honesty, faithfulness, communication, friendship ARE very important.

If I were 21 I might be looking for other things but I’m 55 and I want someone who is honest and fun, who I can trust and rely on (not immediately obviously). Plus they HAVE to like cycling, I’m not getting back into a relationship where I am constantly defending how much time and money I spend on my bikes.

steve-g
    Free Member

I think that ad was in a Jimmy Carr thing I went to see, there were a couple of others…

Millionaire film director seeks gullible blonde.

and Incurable romantic seeks filthy whore.

I like Jimmy Carr sometimes

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Apparently I am disagreeable and unhelpful

hubba hubba :o)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

steve-g. Yes it was!

RealMan
    Free Member

The Southern Yeti, freshers week doesn’t start until next Sunday, and I have a massive hangover right now so can’t really be bothered to do much else..

Although it is getting a bit boring. Might just go somewhat for the rest and see what happens.

Dickyboy

My son once told me I needed a bloke with a c**t for a girlfriend, do you think he was suggesting that I swap teams?

Dickyboy

Is Karin your really name? My SO wants to know. She’s called Karin too and has never heard of anyone with the same name.

I knew a Karin Silver at college many moons ago

Karinofnine

I knew a Tony Silver once, but Silver is not my last name

crazy-legs

Easiest way to post a load of pics Karin is to go for a ride with the Bogtrotters and before you know it SFB will have dozens of pics of you your arse online. 😉

rOcKeTdOg

Did you also put “into startrek” I’d reply to an ad with that in!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Pfft. Don’t worry about it and come down the pub with me instead. We can get rat-arsed and abuse other people. Fun fun fun!

‘Wealthy’, you say? Hmm. My cassette and chain have worn out… 🙁

Karinofnine

No! I just did a big long ad for Boyfriend Wanted in the classifieds and it’s gone! It took me ages, no no no. I’ll have to start again.

Email in profile.

Yes I AM into Star Trek hence Karinofnine (see what I did there)

Elfinsafety – I can meet you for a drink or two.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Excellent. Best to book an ambulance cab home beforehand mind. Ooh, and last time I ended up having had too much to drink and having to ride home, I got lost and ended up in **** Wimbledon or somewhere. 30 miles when you’re so drunk you’re Scottish isn’t fun.

Actually we could do with a central London drinks evening soon anyway…

sofatester
    Free Member

😆 @ tsr

AlexSimon

It’s hard to imagine any female mountain biker struggling to find a partner!

Karinofnine

Yes, STW central london drinks soon. Will you post the invite?

AlexSimon. I know, it’s partly because I moved, partly because I am shy and haven’t done anything about joining a group locally, partly because I wanted to leave a gap between the last partner and the next so I could hopefully forget all the nasty stuff and not take it into the next relationship.

Ad posted in Classifieds. (God, how embarrased am I now?)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘eHarmony have no matches for me!’ is closed to new replies.