Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Ehang 184. Passenger drone. Mind blown.
  • wrecker
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/_vGd1Oy7Cw0[/video]

ourmaninthenorth

Holy moly..!

P-Jay
    Free Member

If it carries a passenger, isn’t it just a helicopter?

sharkbait
    Free Member

I presume this is electric?

My issue is that you have no control over it (fair enough), but if one of the 4 motors develops a fault you’re in [big] trouble.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Impressive – yet ‘absolutely safe’…?

I’m too old for all that hype.

martinhutch

I’m sure the CAA would want a word.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

So, an overly complicated helicopter.

lemonysam
    Free Member

wrecker
    Free Member

You do understand the concept of drones don’t you?

Slacks
    Free Member

Can it do uplift?

andyl
    Free Member

It’s china so a bit like the good old days in the UK when people just tried stuff without being weighed down with red tape. Good on them, they seem to a good example of Chinas evolving engineering mentality which has always been very focussed on just getting a job done, unfortunately sometimes to the detriment of safety or an efficient design but that has been changing and at an astounding rate.

Looks like it has 8 motors, 2 per outrigger so I would assume it is able to perform a controlled decent with only 1 motor on each outrigger working and possibly could be stabilised even if you lose a whole outrigger as long at it’s not too windy!

matt_outandabout

What could possibly go wrong?

Good effort for trying it though.

headfirst
    Free Member

I think it’s great! I’d buy one if it was about the price of a small car, and if they produce a model with an ejector seat. Perfect for commuting, as long as the skies don’t get clogged up with them.

donald
    Free Member

Not for all the tea in China…

sharkbait
    Free Member

possibly could be stabilised even if you lose a whole outrigger

Really? I would have thought losing all lift on one corner would be very difficult to compensate for – 6 outriggers would be easier.
    And how are these things supposed to take tall objects (tree’s, poles, pylons, buildings) into account when landing, or will they only be able to land in large open spaces?
    Nice idea, but I’m oot.

Edit: and having horizontal propellers spinning at x,000 rpm a few feet from my head would not make me feel safe. 😯

lemonysam
    Free Member

If you’ve just taken the massive prototype of your new product, with many thousands of dollars of investment in it, outside for the first time – why would you set up your demonstration 10 feet from a pond?

globalti
    Free Member

I’m emailing the video to my brother who is a motor engineer in Detroit with the message: “Time to change your job, Chief!”

matt_outandabout

Can it do uplift?

*places and order*

matt_outandabout

why would you set up your demonstration 10 feet from a pond?

TBF, hitting the concrete may prove as disastrous as damp in the circuit boards.

brassneck

Expect to see the first owners eagerly unpacking and taking off without waiting for GPS lock, flying somewhere, pressing ‘Home’ and heading off to Sichuan province.

chewkw
    Free Member

They need a parachute in that copter … 😛

GrahamS

Not convinced – I want to see that chasis actually flying with someone in it – or at least lifting a load equivalent to a person.

So, an overly complicated helicopter.

If you design a helicopter that flies autonomously then I think that would qualify as a drone.

chewkw
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member
    If you design a helicopter that flies autonomously then I think that would qualify as a drone.

I ain’t sitting in a drone as genuine pig.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Why nor Chewkw?
    If it crashes and you take a hit to the head its not like anyone here will notice 😆

matt_outandabout

in a drone as genuine pig

Guinea pigs have a history of bio-mechanical input.

shuhockey
    Free Member

I do wonder how many butlers I’m going to need, as they run to open the door for me and have their legs taken off! So how many would a family of 5 need?

The video is fake, the only bit with any actual flying is at the end outside the mansion. Even then its only a few meters off the ground and a person isn’t visible. $180,000-$200,000 is the price at the moment.

wrecker
    Free Member

Don’t care. Want.

GrahamS

I ain’t sitting in a drone as genuine pig.

Why not chewkw? If your time is up then it’s up no matter where you are. And it is one less ZM to compete with the animals.

brakes
    Free Member

I’d love one as a commuter vehicle now – just being able to drift along above everyone’s heads not stopping for lights or traffic. Get dropped off at work and then just send the thing home. Get it to pick me up at 5:01 and take me home where my robo-wife has the dinner ready for me.
    I might buy an extra lottery ticket for tomorrow now.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Ehang 184. Passenger drone. Mind blown.’ is closed to new replies.