Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Egg beater bearings.
  • zippykona

While the bearing experts are in town sorting out hope bottom brackets what do I need for my pedals?
    Hopefully they will be a million times cheaper than the official repair kit.

z1ppy

TBF the offical kit does (or did) countain a load of useful items to fully service their pedals. Haven’t priced it up lately but it seemed reasonable value when I last did it (a while ago..)

zippykona

I must use 3 bearings to 1 bush.

DanW
    Free Member

I would want to replace everything in one go so would personally go for the kit. I found the bearings last quite well but the seals for example lose their effectiveness pretty quickly. Likewise bushings if your version uses them and there is no way I would be using the standard plastic end caps on more than one or two rebuilds as they are so soft and easy to damage (I use Ti end caps though). The kit for the versions requiring bushes also now includes a conveniently sized metal rod to help press them in and out much easier than before. I don’t know why you would get through bearings quicker than bushes and seals???

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Once the bushings develop play, the bushing play excessively side loads the bearings, hence, the bearings wear super fast – like: every-ride-fast. Such is the need for a complete bearing + bushing kit at this point.

The bearings themselves, though, are really cheap, see this old thread on just the topic (and my response for further info):

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/eggbeater-bearings

m1kea
    Free Member

Apols for the threadjack but one of my EB3’s is pretty knacked and I’d happily buy a complete replacement kit. However I’m obviously being a numpty as I can’t find any stockists.

Anyone able to help?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Egg beater bearings.’ is closed to new replies.