Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • egg beater 1 pedal annoying rattle
  • damascus
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of these on both my cx bike and mtb bike.

The set on my mtb are less than a year old and the cage is lose and rattles. They still work properly.

Will a rebuild kit fix this? There doesn’t feel to be any play in the bearings

They are only about 30 new and a rebuild kit is 13 quid.

Is it worth bothering fixing?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If you can bung the 3 rebuild kit in you can swap the bush for a needle roller bearing. Could be the bush is worn.

unovolo
    Free Member

If its the sprung wings that are rattling then normally its because they have lost spring tension, there are supposedly ways of adding tension back Google is your friend here.

If its the whole body thats loose and rattling on the spindle then a rebuild kit should sort it.

Not sure if you can put the 3 rebuild kit into the 1 body though.

I have some original eggbeater C’s that only now require a rebuild kit, maybe I have been lucky or possibly the reason for longevity is I filled them with grease prior to ever using them and have done full grease change about twice per year since.

damascus
    Free Member

Yes, its the spring wings. I guess they need a bit of bending to get the tension back.

benji
    Free Member

Time for new cleats?

damascus
    Free Member

The cleats are brand new and work fine. Just the pedals rattle compared to my other set. 1 year of use and 500 off road miles is pretty poor. I am tempted to go back to shimano

taxi25
    Free Member

How do you get the wings off ? Looks like one of thise Chinese puzzles to me 👿

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘egg beater 1 pedal annoying rattle’ is closed to new replies.