Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Effect of high cholesterol on aerobic capacity/performance
  • mrchrispy

Okay biology geeks, I’m trying to avoid doing the work I get paid to do so started thinking about my high cholesterol and how/if it effects my performance on the bike.

Seems to be a few studies out there showing the effects of training on cholesterol levels but nothing looking at it the other way (it seems that high intensity exercise can lower LDL (bad) and raise HDL (good) cholesterol).

What I’d like to know is if my cholesterol was lower would I get up the brickworks faster?

Rockape63
    Free Member

What I’d like to know is if my cholesterol was lower would I get up the brickworks faster?

No

That is to do with fitness which Cholesterol has no bearing.

ton

no.

mrchrispy

bugger…there goes that excuse then 🙄

Although mine is high the bad is low and the good is high so the doctor isnt that fussed about it. the people that did the health check at work were less nonchalant about it, poor chap was close to calling an ambulance.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Yes, so long as you reduce your cholesterol by

it seems that high intensity exercise can lower LDL (bad) and raise HDL (good) cholesterol

I have a suspicion there is a link between diet, exercise, cholesterol and the speed at which you can get up the brickworks.

Rubber_Buccaneer

bad is low and the good is high…, poor chap was close to calling an ambulance

Interesting. Mine is all round low and I was told to try to increase the good.

mrchrispy

Diet and exercise should sort it.

my total is pretty much off the scale, had a couple of nurses tell me its the highest they ever seen (which kinda gets you worried) and those quick tests only give you a total figure. a proper fasting test at the doctors give more meaningful numbers and the doc said not to worry too much as good was high and bad was low. still got to watch what I eat but I’m not that stressed about it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Effect of high cholesterol on aerobic capacity/performance’ is closed to new replies.