Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Effect of fork length change?
  • core

Currently running my inbred on 420mm forks, thinking about going to 465mm fork, given that I’d lose 35mm ofspacers as steerer length is on the limit, I’ve calculated that axle to topt of stem, and thus bar height will increase by 10mm, but more importantly, top of head tube will be 45mm higher.

So, I’m happy about bar height increase, and used to riding a hardtail on 120mm sus forks, will the front end ‘feel’ right?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I degree per 17mm of sagged travel – so 2+ degrees slacker, maybe ok if it doesn’t feel slack just now.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

45mm extra AC? That will slack out your bike By about 3 degrees I think!

EDIT

26 Inbred I think was designed around a 453 AC but now comes with a 473 fork?

core

Should say it’s rigid forks I’m running, and planning to go 29er rigid fork.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Which frame is this 26 or 29 and what size wheel will you run?

rotary
    Free Member
    core

26″ wheels in 26 frame, currently running on one 420mm cromo fork, front feels very low, thinking about going to 29er fork as several others have to pick front end up, my other bike runs 120mm sus fork, so makes the inbred feel like a bmx, but I’m just wondering if the 45mm increase may be too much?

Northwind

For whatever it’s worth, I had a Scandal- same geometry. Never rode it rigid, but long suspension forks ruined it, I’d call it a 100mm bike regardless of frame strength and warranty. I use a longer carbon fork in my Soda (and previously in a C456) which was effective but I’d not on a Bred.

YMMV of course. I’d try the Bred with the 120mm fork first if you’ve not already, will tell you things.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Rigid and 26-29er = 45+38=83mm = 5 degrees

I wouldn’t.

chiefgrooveguru

I’d be surprised if it feels right now!

core

Definitely doesn’t feel right now with 420mm ‘ship anchors’ on it…….

What’s the longest rigid fork anyone’s running on a standard 26″ inbred?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Effect of fork length change?’ is closed to new replies.