Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • "Eerie" sounds that make you feel weird for a bit
  • spacemonkey

A bit random this but thought I’d post it anyway.

Ever since being a kid I’ve found the sound of passenger planes in the distance really eerie – especially at night when everything is otherwise peaceful. Feels like part of me is weirded out by all those people going about their own lives miles and miles away.

Anyone else experience anything like this?

donsimon
    Free Member

‘ello! ‘ello! ‘ello! What’s goin’ on ‘ere then? Usually gets me.

binners

The owls when I was out riding in the woods last night. Its just a big bird FFS? So why do they scare the living bejeesus out of me? Its really irrational but I literally shiver with fright when I hear one close-by at night

big_scot_nanny

air raid siren. They use it in the French villages close to us to call the part time firemen to the station. Puts the fear of god into me, horrible noise. 🙁

Also, public alarm system in Basel. They test it once a year and it is a population warning siren that is similarly ‘arresting’. 😯

spacemonkey

It could’ve been a were-owl Binners. I reckon the fact you’re still here means it wasn’t, therefore that increases the chances that the next one will be 😯

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The strange whale-like/non-human/mermaid sounds emitted by Bjork.

MrTall
    Free Member

The howl of the wolf in An American Weirwolf in London.

If i ever heard a sound remotely like that while out on a night ride i’d be at the top of the nearest tree until morning. Although the vampires could still probably get me if the weirwolfs didn’t…..

spacemonkey

AWIL freaked me out as a kid too – I already had a werewolf complex before that, but that just reinforced it. I suggest you avoid watching this before your next night ride. It’s certainly never done me any favours.

molgrips
    Free Member

I love to look up at planes and think of those people in there.. all bored, asleep, struggling to manage their airline means without elbowing their neighbour etc. Perhaps some are looking down on some foreign land and wondering what it’s like to live down there where I am…

As for noises, nothing really but when I was in school my mate gave me a tape of something, I forget what, but on the other side was a girl’s voice reading out some sort of text about biology. The tone and cadence of the voice was utterly mesmerising and made my spine tingle. Can’t imagine why.. just amazing.

bagpuss72
    Free Member

Babies crying makes me want to poke myself in the eye repeatedly with a sharp stick……

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Airport security staff snapping on a pair of rubber gloves – you know it’s never gonna have a happy ending

binners

Cheers Spacemonkey. You do realise I’ll never be able to go nightriding again now you’ve said that. 😉

I suggest you avoid watching this before your next night ride.

That doesn’t work. Its already in your head. As I discovered when my lights died at ten at night in Llandegla forest. It was so dark I couldn’t see my own feet. And as i stood there on my own in the darkness, listening to the rustling in the trees, the only thing I could think of was the Blair Witch. Christ almighty! I was scared!!!

dickydutch

The Last Post. Haunting.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

The noise the kids make in the night immediately before they start crying – it’s the moment I know I am gonna be awake for the next hour.

bigjim

cats fighting

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘"Eerie" sounds that make you feel weird for a bit’ is closed to new replies.