• This topic has 16 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by xora.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • EE…ferchristsake…losing the will to live!
  • ajantom

Just need to vent…..

I’m due an upgrade, or so EE told me 6 weeks ago.

Can’t do anything about it though, as I have been unable to actually either look at my account or talk to any-bloody-one.

In fact I’m probably going to move to another mobile company, as the reception with EE has always been awful around my way, and based on looking around I appear to be paying over the odds for my usage, but as I can’t contact them or look at my account it’s all moot anyway 👿

Every time in the last 6 weeks I’ve tried to log in my details haven’t worked, so I have to try and reset my password, and each time I get this message….‘We’re doing a quick update, so your account can’t be accessed right now. Please come back in a little while’…..a quick bloody update? For six friggin weeks?

Actually in fact one time only I got sent a reset email, but then when I went to change my password it asked for my account number (which I do actually have as it was on an email EE sent me about the upgrade) and guess what….account number not valid.

So I finally bit the bullet before Christmas and tried ringing them on 150. Did that work? Nope. System problems apparently. You go through about 15 menu options, they say ‘Oh we’re sorry you’re thinking of leaving us.’ and then cut you off. Arseholes. Still not working today…. 😥

Do they just hope you’ll give up and stop trying at some point? That can’t be their whole business model can it? Quite clever I suppose, if you can’t contact them to cancel then you can never cancel, so they keep on taking your money forever.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I doubt this will help, but I’ve been with EE ever since they took over my T-Mobile contract (Which was with Mercury if I go back far enough!). I go in to a local shop (Salisbury) for updates and service issues, and get some of the best customer service of any company I deal with.

trademark
    Free Member

Cancel the direct debit?

wiggles
    Free Member

Im due to upgrade and have been trying to sort it for the last few days but cant do it online or ring them! due to technical problems there is literally no way of contacting them currently 😕 🙄

slowbloke
    Free Member

Hang on a minute. They had “technical issues” meaning you couldn’t contact them when I left about 4 years ago. Hmm…….

molgrips
    Free Member

That can’t be their whole business model can it?

No. I’ve never had an issue. My upgrade came, I got a text, I logged on, I chose SIM only, my service plan changed, my bill went down, it worked.

newrobdob
    Free Member

I’ve never had anything but the best service from EE, sorry!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yip, me neither. EE have been most excellent TBH. The Apps been fine, and calling them is less painful than making tea.

garage-dweller

App horrid to sort if you have a login issue but otherwise ok
    Website see App
    Phone OK
    Stores both the ones we use are very good and about the only place I’d go for an upgrade or proper problem.

Kryton57

Plusnet is brilliant however… 😀

When previously with TMobile then EE I never had any issues, but as CFH says whenever I used my local shop I go/ excellent service – walked in, chose and recieved a new phone, selected a plan and wallked out again in 20 minutes.

Maybe try that.

molgrips
    Free Member

Our EE stores aren’t much good, too understaffed, but they are all franchises so that’s nothing to do with EE in fact.

scaredypants

I wonder if the OP has had a memory lapse and is actually on vodafone

hodgynd
    Free Member

Can’t fault them ..did an upgrade over the phone just prior to Christmas ..went onto a family plan ..and a free set of in ear wireless Beats X headphones arrived on the 28th..which was a surprise !
    Hope you get your problems solved soon..

boblo
    Free Member

Aye OP, get yersen off to Vodafone, that’ll give you something to think about. I moved to EE a couple of years ago after Voda for yonks. Night and day. Everything ace – so far. It’s just you 😉

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Never had problems with EE since moving from Orange.

However the last couple of days they have had major issues which has prevented you been able to contact customer services/use app.

ajantom

I would go into an EE shop if there was one anywhere near me.

Nearest (I think) is Exeter town centre, but the only time I could go is at the weekend when I’m on baby & child wrangling duty, and there’s no way I’m going into try and sort out a phone with a 4 month old and a 4 year old in tow!

xora

4 year old in tow

Surely the best time if you bribe the 4yr old to howl until they fix it 😀

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘EE…ferchristsake…losing the will to live!’ is closed to new replies.