Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Eeek – how much…..
  • Went shopping yesterday in a desperate attempt to find a new outfit for a 30th birthday next weekend. The only pair of jeans I found that I liked were…….£110! 😯

rob-jackson
    Free Member

matalan 😉

rob-jackson
    Free Member

standard answer on here is chinos and a blazer !!

br
    Free Member

Showing your age, or at least that was what was said to me when I made the same discovery a couple of years ago – I thought 501’s were less than £40…

Next?

Ha Rob – how’s the build going? You’ll be needing another name change now

Drac

The only pair of jeans I found that I liked were…….£110

And?

And?

It’s a lot of money for a pair of jeans?

Drac

It’s a lot of money for a pair of jeans?

Meh! About what I’ll pay most times unless T.K.Maxx has offers on. Being a rather skinny chap I find paying extra means I get a better fit and cut. They last bloody ages too.

Couldn’t get to T.K.Maxx, so had to suffer Chesterfields finest array of chav boutiques.

Drac

To be fair it’s a lot for clothing but it’s one of my pleasures buying good clothes and shoes. It’s like paying extra for tools, it’s worth it if you use them enough.

iDave
    Free Member

Do men buy ‘new outfits’ for a birthday party?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And, moreover, is a pair of jeans really a suitable “outfit” for a birthday party? Especially a 30th….

Come on, chap.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I don’t think I’ve ever even TOUCHED a £110 pair of jeans in my whole life. Most I can ever remember paying is about £35. Last pair were £9……

PJay
    Free Member

Mine were quite possibly £4 from Tescos.

CaptainFlashheart – Member

And, moreover, is a pair of jeans really a suitable “outfit” for a birthday party? Especially a 30th….

Come on, chap. Smarten up a little.

Depends on the venue and company, surely? It’s in the centre of Notts with a load of 30 somethings, who (men anyway) will all be wearing jeans.

I don’t buy clothes very often, so was just ready – wouldn’t buy an outfit especially for a do.

RustySpanner

Make sure they match your handbag, Deirdre. 🙂

I like the Asda ones – they do both the kinds I like, blue and dark blue.

MrSmith
    Free Member

they better be raw selvedge denim for that.
    or were they jeans northerners wear with pockets in funny places, fake rips and somewhere to affix your chain wallet?

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

Isn’t that the going rate for decent jeans?

I’ve got a pair that were nearly £1k. Luckily I never paid that as I got them via eBay for a shade over £100.

epicyclo

Get a kilt. Many ladies find them irresistible (after a drink or 2), and you’ll have some uplifting experiences. 😆

or were they jeans northerners wear with pockets in funny places, fake rips and somewhere to affix your chain wallet?

No fake rips MrSmith 😉

Awaits…..

RustySpanner

Mr_Mojo – Member

Isn’t that the going rate for decent jeans?

I’ve got a pair that were nearly £1k.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVvcD4Czx4Y[/video]

MrSmith
    Free Member

i guess you can get away with those if you are 20, anyone ‘middle aged’ wearing jeans like that and white trainers needs to stop letting their mum dress them.

RealMan
    Free Member

Funnily enough I went shopping yesterday (which I hate). No way was I going to buy some superdry jeans for £65. They looked pretty good, but superdry? Nothing says I’m a mindless douche like superdry etc.

Ended up spending £70ish in like topman or something for two pairs, which is the most I think I’ve spent on a pair of jeans (except for the waterproof alpkit ones, which were awesome). Happy with them though.

Don’t see the point in spending over £50 on a pair of jeans, I’ve got a pair that were a tenner and look good, and a more expensive pair aren’t going to be 5 times as good, or even twice as good, it’s just stupid. Only ended up spending so much cause I was desperate for some new ones and I couldn’t find anything much cheaper I liked.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Eeek – how much…..’ is closed to new replies.