Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Eeeewww
  • v10
    Free Member

Just thought id share one of the more 'interesting' (read gopping) specialized test bike colour schemes…..

Yellow/Green/Brown Pinstripe…. trippy

They sounded good on the phone when i bought them! 😐

daveagiles
    Free Member

Well dont think your going to have to worry about anyone nicking it!

PJM1974
    Free Member

I've seen a few of those. Yikes.

Spesh went through a phase of picking some really gash colours to paint their bikes, just as roughly the same time Trek decided to stop with the gopping graphics.

A few years ago their Enduro 130 test bike was finished in lustrous orange with unique graphics. It looked the mutts.

Suggsey
    Free Member

I actually quite like that but then I am the sort that loves bright yellow or lime green cars and pink bikes.

simondbarnes

I quite like that.

v10
    Free Member

Hmm there is hope then, just need to find another 28 tasteless sorry like minded people 😆

carlphillips
    Free Member

looks ok to me

valleydaddy
    Free Member

well I'll have one if your selling them cheap due to the offensive colour?? how much?

tthew

Save me an aluminium epic in that colour please, especially if it's with a decent post demo bike discount!

allyharp

I think that's nice!

mollyiom
    Free Member

I was told the reason specialzed paint there demo bikes so load is so they can sort of keep track on the dealers and whether they sell them on instead of providing a demo for use.

Kit
    Free Member

Ooh, I like that!

simondbarnes

I was told the reason specialzed paint there demo bikes so load is so they can sort of keep track on the dealers and whether they sell them on instead of providing a demo for use.

I presumed it was so they could try out colours for future years. The red on this year's stumpy demos is ace.

MRanger156
    Free Member

Big fan of that

robhughes
    Free Member

me likes.how much for a medium??

stumpy01

Terry Wrights in Deeping had one of those this yr as a demo bike.

Looks quite nice to me.

And yeah – this years 'Red' Stumpjumper demo colour does look pretty good.

coffeeking
    Free Member

"Gash".."gopping"? WTF?

DezB
    Free Member

How much better did they used to look though

v10
    Free Member

Well, perhaps its me with the bad taste then!

Yeah the whole 'test bike' colour scheme is to stop dealers loading up on reduced rate demo bikes without ever planning on using them as demo's and just selling them on with the extra margin. Quite why Specialized had a lot of these all brand new boxed to sell ill don't know – got some big hits too but those look much nicer than the stock bike!

Rob – large only im afraid. Think the price should be on the website – would look but i was at work til 8.30pm sorting out bloody wethepeople bmx's so i refuse to log back in 😀

clareymorris

Love it 😀

rOcKeTdOg

Is that stratford upon Avon?

Oh and I like the colour too, it'a the colour NHS hearing aids used to be

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Eeeewww’ is closed to new replies.