Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • EE or stick with O2
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

Is O2 better than EE or not.

Contract up soon with O2 and I can “share” Mrs Coolhandlukes EE contract for a £15 quid more a month than she pays but about £30 less than I’m currently forking out in O2.

A bit worried about BT buying EE to be honest though but aim sure they’re better.

benji
    Free Member

There was talk of BT buying O2 back, so you might be BT either way.

boblo
    Free Member

I wouldn’t be going anywhere near BT. I’m still trying to get over them buying Plusnet… :-/

bigG
    Free Member

BT are now in exclusive talks about acquiring EE.

I guess it depends what’s important to you, if the package you get from O2 is better stay with them, equally if the cost of EE is the deciding factor go with them.

Network coverage will be a thing of the past once in country roaming becomes reality, you’ll be able to use any network if your own isnt available. No one has come out and mentioned costs of this though but bearing in mind the regulators (and EUs) hatred of out of country roaming charges I doubt the costs will be a key issue.

luffy105
    Free Member

You can already get sims that do that bigG. Manx sims have been around for years now. Only problem is the network selection pecking order. O2 own Manx so they hold on to O2 for dear life when a stronger signal is available. The call costs ain’t cheap though

botanybay
    Free Member

Just take two e’s and stick with 02, it’ll make everything feel better.

teethgrinder

I find EE signal on H+ most places. And 4G nearer the large metropolises (metropoli?) like Toft Hill and Blaydon, where O2 barely get a G. £18 pcm for a rolling monthly SIM only deal for the STW-approved Moto G LTE.

steveh

Agree with the above that ee and 3 both have much better coverage than O2. As soon as my contract is up I’ll be changing.

sandwicheater

Was with O2 for a few years but the coverage around Huddersfield and surrounding area was terrible. Switched to EE 2 years ago and the service has been excellent (well, the coverage, haven’t had much need to call them).

just5minutes
    Free Member

if you’re planning to do anything other than voice calls and texts o2 and vodafone are hopeless.

Here are the latest coverage figures from Ofcom – check out their 3g landmass coverage compared to EE and Three:

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Before signing up to EE you might want to Google for “most complained about mobile network”.
    Coverage is ok, which is great because it means all those cold callers EE sell your details to won’t have any problem getting in touch with you.

somouk
    Free Member

I moved from O2 to EE and won’t be going back any time soon. I’ll even risk staying if BT buy it and hope I never have to call the customer services.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘EE or stick with O2’ is closed to new replies.