Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Edward Snowden
  • dannybgoode

Is anyone else enjoying this guy given the US security services a proper run for their money?!

I can’t help but thinking I see a glint in the newsreaders eyes whenever a new angle to the story breaks which suggests he may have done something different to what everyone thought was going on.

Its a bit like that Channel 4 program – Wanted I think it was called – where people had to go on the run from some ex SAS soldiers whilst member of the public helped or hindered them (first series was really good, second series was ruined by a format change – can’t exactly remember what they changed but it made it rubbish).

Perhaps we should start setting him challenges to complete whilst avoiding capture – have your photo taken with 4 rogue heads of state would be my starter for 10…

Cheers

Danny B

wwaswas

I do wish it was some Chinese bloke who’d released state secrets scuttling around the world trying to find a safe haven.

The US would be offering them a home and proclaiming them a martyr for freedom from State control.

binners

It’s great that America – that beacon of freedom, liberty and democracy, will go to any length to track down the citizen who informed the world about their completely illegal and morally bankrupt behavior, and, at best, chuck him in prison for the rest of his life

And they say they don’t get irony 😆

FuzzyWuzzy

I’m pretty sure he’ll have some sort of ‘accident’ a few weeks after arriving in Ecuador, either that or an extraordinary rendition, it’s not like the US really cares about diplomatic relations with Ecuador.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Given that no-one knows where he is I’m wondering if they’ve already got him.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

There’s got to be someone writing the script for ‘Ed Snowden The Movie’ as we speak.

It’s the kind of thing that you only expect to happen in Hollywood.

Northwind

This man is a star… Congratulations journalists, you’re now the story!

“The pilot greeted journalists at Havana’s Jose Marti international airport by pulling out his own camera, taking pictures of the them and saying: “No Snowden, no.” ”

dannybgoode

@UH – I would imagine if they already had him they’d be shouting from the rooftops.

That said I can’t see them falling for the oldest trick in the book – apparently it was Wikileaks (who obviously have no vested interest at all in making the US appear stupid) who made a big song and dance about him being on that flight to Moscow and yet half the world’s press haven’t spotted him there.

It could well be whilst everyone was focussing on his arrival in Moscow he was on a comfy private jet to anywhere but Ecuador!

All a bit embarrassing for the NSA, CIA et al.

Cheers

Danny B

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I reckon he is hiding out in Footflaps bunker

Stoner
    Free Member

I still reckon he’s bound for iceland.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/06/21/snowden_private_plan/

unklehomered
    Free Member

Depends what they’re doing to him… but no, i doubt they’re that organised, cunning to be honest.

MSP

It is a great shame that some European country’s leaders haven’t stood up and represented their own peoples voices in all this. What a bunch of weak, self interested tossers they all are, not one of them cares about our liberty’s and freedoms.

bencooper
    Free Member

There was a tweet from Reuters that was funny – something about lots of upset journalists on a 10-hour flight to Havana, with no Snowden and worse no alcohol 😉

But we shouldn’t forget the UK is in it up to it’s neck as well – GCHQ has been tapping fibres, setting up fake internet cafes to hack into diplomat’s emails, stuff like that.

mt
    Free Member

Is he still in Russia? Should imagine Putin would like a private chat with him. Perhaps he’d want to have some of the tools form his days in East Germany. Mind you I’d have thought the Chinese would keep him to play with.

footflaps

I reckon he is hiding out in Footflaps bunker

Sshhh…..

Don’t you know that all of STW is scanned by the CIA and GCHQ?

trail_rat
    Free Member

like that one ben ?

shermer75
    Free Member

Meanwhile, in Russia….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV4IjHz2yIo[/video]

bencooper
    Free Member

like that one ben ?

Aye 😉

Still, I wonder how many of them will see it as a good excuse for a holiday.

unklehomered
    Free Member

New Airline marketing ploy – This flight hasn’t sold out, leak it that Snowden’s on board, BOOM!

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Imagine if they tapped presidential candidates for leverage and manipulation later on… oh hang on:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DmN80yi5mo[/video]

Every likelihood GCHQ does the same with Prime ministers and we all know how the closet of UK politics is rattling with a zombie army of skeletons…

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

New Airline marketing ploy – This flight hasn’t sold out, leak it that Snowden’s on board, BOOM!

cue the papers being full of michael o’leary offering free flights to snowden lookalikes on all ryanair flights

dannybgoode

free* flights you mean

*charges apply to check in, take on hold luggage, board the plane, sit down and use the toilet.

Plus if Mr Snowden himself were to use Ryan Air to fly to Cuba he may be a little disappointed to find that by Cuba Ryan Air actually mean Bristol Airport which apparently is ‘close enough’.

Cheers

Danny B

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Or we have extradition treaties with the USA. If he arrives then they can ask for him. Far easier for him to go somewhere where they can’t ask.

chewkw
    Free Member

Long live Russia!
    Long live Dear Leader!
    DeMoncracy should not prevail.

😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

So, the Dodd Frank Act rewards whistleblowers for exposing evil badness. Surely he’s in line for a whopper of a payout!

wrecker
    Free Member

Love this;

Mr Putin also said he would prefer not to deal with the issue of deporting people who claimed to be human rights activists. “It’s like shaving a piglet – there is lots of shrieking but little fur.”

He does have some great one-liners.

martinhutch

Oh, how the Russians are loving this…

I’m quite enjoying it too, if I’m honest. Let’s hope Ed pops up somewhere nice soon and starts sending out the contents of his three laptops.

MSP

So, the Dodd Frank Act rewards whistleblowers for exposing evil badness. Surely he’s in line for a whopper of a payout!

Exactly, if Governments hide policy behind secrecy, then they are failing to meet the minimum requirements of democracy. I quite understand the need for secrecy in the details of some operations, but not to hide the broad brush strokes of decision making that show the direction of government ideology.

wrecker
    Free Member

I’m quite enjoying it too, if I’m honest. Let’s hope Ed pops up somewhere nice soon and starts sending out the contents of his three laptops.

Be good to see him doing some McCafee style videos with some Venezuelan beauties.

Swelper
    Free Member

This is a peach if an article from The New Yorker

Agency Busy Spying

shermer75
    Free Member

Not sure if that link works…

oliverd1981
    Free Member

If Snowdon doesn’t have a Wally/Waldo outfit that is an absolutely massive waste.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

I’m waiting to see how Footflaps responds when the black helicopters start circling over his bunker.

Weasel
    Free Member

What tyres for a man on the run?

Swelper
    Free Member

Try again eh

Agency Busy Spying

matt_outandabout

I place a bet on Julian Assington and co hiring in the Sea Shepherd and crew for a trans Atlantic dash, with a couple of Colombians smuggling him across borders, to get to Venezuela as the US will blockade Caracas.

Northwind

matt_outandabout – Member

I place a bet on Julian Assington and co hiring in the Sea Shepherd

Imagine that:

“The US government would like to thank the government of Japan for sinking the Sea Shepherd boat with these 2 fugitives on board”
    “That’s cool America, but we had no idea they were on board, we just sank it because we can”

oliverd1981
    Free Member

What tyres for a man on the run?

I don’t know – but this T-shirt for sure

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I’d bet that in exchange for information, Snowden gets asylum in Russia or a Russian Air Force flight to Havana.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Edward Snowden’ is closed to new replies.