Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Educating our younger riders.
  • Bunnyhop

While standing at a crossing waiting for the green man, (at 3 way traffic lights) a young fully ‘enduroed up’ mtber decides he won’t wait and almost mows me down. I’m not able to leap out of the way anymore.

I noticed him a minute or two earlier as he and friend were bunny hopping all grids and suddenly he did a ‘u’ turn in the road with no care for any other road users.

Maybe he’s colour blind and didn’t see the red light and green man. I say this as his blinged up bike has bright pink wheels and a striking aqua coloured frame, Shirley he heard the beeping noise.

I had the chance to have a little polite word, as he had careered onto the pavement behind where I crossed to use a cash point. It meant going back, crossing 2 separate roads again and having to deal with 2 of them as his friend had arrived.
    Didn’t really want to lecture him when he was having so much fun without a care for anything or anyone else.
    Gives us a bad name.

ThePinkster

The problem is that if you’re not on an equally blinged up enduromonsterbike they’ll probably think you’re just an interfering old knobber who doesn’t know any better, much like we probably would have done when kids.

BadlyWiredDog

That’s the Marple ghetto for you… 😕

Rorschach
    Free Member

Tutting and finger pointing yields results I find.Also prefacing any comment with “in my day”.

Bunnyhop

Pinkster – do you know me?
    I am indeed an old knobber 🙂

kimbers

throw a worthers original at him

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Worst made up story I’ve read all day.

jameso

Gives us a bad name.

Nah : )

as in I don’t see any real ‘Us’ in it. No more than any boy racer giving all drivers a bad name, or Lemmy giving chamber music a bad name.

enfht
    Free Member

Aren’t police cutbacks to blame for everything ?

Trekster

enfht – Member
    Aren’t police cutbacks to blame for everything ?

Nope, that Scots bloke who makes videos of himself jumping & bouncing off various bits of street furniture.. 🙄

In the auld days before’ ‘tinternet MBUK used to get the blame 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Educating our younger riders.’ is closed to new replies.