Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • educate me about Soundbars – the good, the bad and the truly awful…
  • freeagent
    Free Member

So… We’ve just bought a new TV – 48″ Sony Bravia 1080P with HDMI ARC + all the other usual connectivity options.

We’ve not very tech-savvy, we’ve got a Virgin Tivo box and a DVD Player to connect to it.

The sound from the TV is predictably crap, so some external speakers are a must.
    The TV is in a big room (7m x 7m) with a concrete floor, so we can utilise a bit of firepower.
    I tend to listen to music through the TV as we don’t have any other HiFi kit in this room (which is a combined kitchen/lounge/dinner)
    I’d like a separate Sub which I can put behind the sofa.

I’ve been looking at this – Sony 300W with separate sub + HDMI ARC connectivity

As I understand it, HDMI connectivity will allow the TV remote to also control the soundbar? if this is possible this would be an advantage as ease of use is very important.
    Anything else I should look at or know about??
    Max budget £200.

markoc1984

I got a new Sony TV just over a year ago and very quickly realised that I couldn’t put up with the awful sound so I got a similar Sony 300w soundbar and I couldn’t be happier.

Great sound, connected up to the TV perfectly (once I had plugged the cables in correctly) and the bluetooth connection is great for playing music from your phone.

A friend who works in the music industry, and who also has a Sony tv liked it so much he went out and bought the same one the next day.

TLDR: Highly recommend getting one.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘educate me about Soundbars – the good, the bad and the truly awful…’ is closed to new replies.