• This topic has 148 replies, 85 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by kcal.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 149 total)
  • Ed's Head's Back! The Vain Vagrant
  • Drac

Go on then, why did the world where “weird is common-place” have lesbians?

Does it not have them?

warpcow
    Free Member

Does what not? It just seemed odd that that was chosen as something to evoke ‘weirdness’.

Edit: ah, now I see and agree, but that’s not quite how it came across in the video.

Jamie
    Free Member

…don’t click the following if you have not seen the original.

I think I preferred the Scooby Doo ending.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

It’s fun, interesting/intriguing, but I don’t really get it, or see the point in most of it.

the point is its basically an commercial for Eds sponsors. so they keep sponsoring him?

footflaps

Is Vulpine the new Rapha?

muggomagic

Loved every minute of that. Gonna share it everywhere!

BigDummy
    Free Member

Is Vulpine the new Rapha?

They certainly make some nice things that are not dissimilar to other nice things Rapha make.

Their merino stuff is very nice (and admittedly pricey).

jaymoid

Enjoyed.

Not weird enough though, please watch more David Lynch stuff for inspiration before making the next one.

I do want one of them bouncy Santa Cruz 5010 bikes now.

tmb467
    Free Member

<spoiler>

more like the careless vagrant…

to die once may be regarded as misfortune but to die twice is just carelessness

Cowman

I like it, showing off all the great bits around Hebden, the rides, the scenery, the pubs and the bike shop. Cant speak for Tod mind! Think its a good way of making people on here see local business and have a bit of fun.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Gotta love Ed, comes across as a cracking bloke – only met him once on a course – and as mad as a box of frogs to boot. In a good way!. :mrgreen:

martinh
    Free Member

A bike pump should be sufficient to re-inflate for the next film

rOcKeTdOg

Go on then, why did the world where “weird is common-place” have lesbians?

You’ve not been to Hebden have you?

grey

Loved it, different from the normal mtb vids. I can’t wait to see how he comes back from that ending.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I like Ed. I like bumping into him when I’m out and about and I’ve learnt from him via one if his courses but that’s not a bike film. It’s a 7 minute long advert for weirdness with a short segment of riding in it. Bring back the edventure type stuff Ed. Stuff that makes people want to ride a bike – you do it well 😉

kimbers

climbingkev
    Free Member

Not for me. Just a bizarre multi brand advert. Can’t deny it’s well put together; keep the theme, make it about riding, not branding.

duntstick
    Free Member

It’s a 7 minute long advert for weirdness with a short segment of riding in it. Bring back the edventure type stuff Ed. Stuff that makes people want to ride a bike – you do it well

bob on, that

dawson

It’s a 7 minute long advert for weirdness with a short segment of riding in it. Bring back the edventure type stuff Ed. Stuff that makes people want to ride a bike

^This.

dannyh
    Free Member

Yep, I’m in the ‘just ride your bike man’ category I’m afraid.

Still, nice to see Kendo Nagasaki back in work, he’s slimmed down a bit as well, must be all those lentil curries.

edhornby

yeah all the adventure stuff is great but lots of other folk do that kinda stuff, and I’m bored of ‘whoa dialled’ films of bikes so the logical answer is to do something different – I like it

Alphabet

Loved it. I do miss living there 🙁

maccauk
    Free Member

Gimp barman was crap, didn’t push the pump back and then committed the ultimate sin of passing the pint over with his fingers all round the top of the glass…….. I bloody hate that.

mcnultycop

I like it.

Really need to ride those rocky bits near the pike, when I work out where they are.

chipsngravy
    Free Member

7 min long advert for pretentiousness

slowrider
    Free Member

What chipsngravy said. Then plugged on here because he’s part of the clique.

bearnecessities

Who cares if he’s part of any clique?!

Made me chuckle, don’t know why but didn’t try to analyse.

Also reminded me I must have another brekkie at Old Gate soon.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Not for me.
    Saying that I also hate the “stoked” videos too.
    What I really want to watch is some inspirational riding, some human interest, local history/natural history and no loud music.

Could be that I am am old grumpy philistine. But that is really what I would prefer and as far as I know nobody is making their short films that way.

timmys

I look forward to more from the Hammer House of Hebden Bridge.

Hirsute Hobo Hammer Horror of Hebden Bridge?

mark_b
    Free Member

I thought most people;

a) had a tattoo
    b) knew some lesbians
    c) drank beer served by gimps.

and for here

d) made go-pro ‘edits’ that they thought looked proper knarly, but weren’t

So all in all, it’s a bit too normal for my liking.

Jamie
    Free Member

re: The lesbians. Was it me, or did one of them not seem that into it? I do hope they can work through any issues they may be having.

ton

What chipsngravy said. Then plugged on here because he’s part of the clique.

what a pair of miserable bastards……….. 😆

also YOU are also allowed to plug YOUR video on here too……just post one for us all to critique.
    we will be honestly open with our judgement.

james_turk
    Free Member

Less of Brant in the next one please.

GEDA
    Free Member

God awful product placement wrapped up to look alternative. I usually like Ed’s films but that was like Un Chien Andalou produced by a bad advertising company who’s previous track record was creating the standard lingering soft focus shots of expensive bike parts cut with some dude being rad. But then on writing this and on reflection maybe that is a piss take/subtle message that Ed’s new life born to product placement is short lived. So like anti advertisement in which case I like the sentiment.

brant
    Free Member

Less of Brant in the next one please.

finally!

grenosteve
    Free Member

Cool vid. 🙂

DenDennis
    Free Member

my 2p then:

I like that- that’s a decent vid, well produced.

Had a good laugh and I like the twitching back to life scenes!

but is all the beards-and-tats-oh-so-studied-griminess thing still cool? seems a bit ‘last decade’ to me…

and I’ve never found the league of gentleman-type gimp thing funny and never will.

top job though, looks a nice place to be too! 😛

slowrider
    Free Member

what a pair of miserable bastards………..

also YOU are also allowed to plug YOUR video on here too……just post one for us all to critique.
    we will be honestly open with our judgement.

Not miserable at all, just thought it was naff. My 2p worth.

Plugged by stw towers rather than a forum member, quite a difference IMO. far better vids out there that don’t get plugged because they aren’t in the clique.

Cheers for the critique offer, I understand how the forum works thanks.

DezB
    Free Member

It was different. That piano got on my bloody nerves though.

Dave
    Free Member

Plugged by stw towers rather than a forum member, quite a difference IMO. far better vids out there that don’t get plugged because they aren’t in the clique.

Cool story bro. Tell me more…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 149 total)

The topic ‘Ed's Head's Back! The Vain Vagrant’ is closed to new replies.