Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 321 total)
  • EDL in Birmingham Today
  • zokes
    Free Member

I do not want my home country invaded by tens of millions of immigrants.

I’m pretty sure we’d spot an invasion – they tend to be a bit noticeable; c/f:

3dvgirl
    Free Member

lol This thread truly is morons arguing with idiots.

jamj1974

Not holier than thou – just tolerant. I’ve never lived in a Muslim country and funnily enough the vast, vast majority of Muslims I have met don’t want to live in a Muslim country either… So your point would be what Neilfether? Articulate your views – I am happy that you can do so, but don’t support riots which are not undertaken as peaceful protests but instead are designed to intimidate and agress others who don’t share your views.

The EDL are not interested in a peaceful exchange of views – they are as extreme as the extremists they profess to abhor.

Drac

I do not want my home country invaded by tens of millions of immigrants.

But it’s not and it won’t.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I do not want my home country invaded by tens of millions of immigrants

Tens of millions – how many do you think there are here?
    Clue you are tnes of millions off 😕

I think we should be able to speak up with a point of view without being branded as an ignorant Nazi/facist/racist.

What any point of view even if it is “an ignorant Nazi/facist/racist” one.

Have any of you, that are getting a little kick out of posting on here with your liberal, holier than thou, comments ever lived in a Muslim country?

I dont get any kick out of having to debate with knuckle dragging racists with a poor grasp of the facts. In fact it saddens me a little to realise some of my fellow humans are full of ignorance in their heads and hate in their hearts.

Yes I have lived in one not that I see the relevance.

Junkyard
    Free Member

If only more people took your approach and refused to share their views or answer questions and just k contributing only to insult everyone.

Shame you are not so confident in your views you could share lol 🙄

zokes
    Free Member

And erudite comments such as this, several hours after you first shared a similar pearl of wisdom with us, don’t seem to be improving it much

ninfan
    Free Member

knuckle dragging racists

Its been said before, but what have discussions about Muslims (religion) or immigration (nationality) got to do with race?

neilferther
    Free Member

Dazh: I have some news for you. In the past few years, millions of immigrants have made their homes in this country. Millions of them. OK perhaps not tens of millions, but millions none the less.
    Please explain to me why you think that is a moronic comment.
    Please explain to me why you think anyone should be pleased about this.
    Zokes: Plenty of people have noticed.

jamj1974

3dvgirl – Member

Reliably judged how and by whom…?

Pigface
    Free Member

Zokes I will sleep safe in my bed knowing of your vigilance in looking out for millions of invaders, not sure you will be able to se much from South Australia but thanks x

zokes
    Free Member

Zokes: Plenty of people have noticed.

An invasion? Are you quite sure?

I’m certain it would have been on the news somewhere. Have you got any pictures of these marauding navies and invasion fleets? I seem to have missed this story.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Eek, a violent radical muslim:

on this whole invasion thing, can we count the colonies as evidence of who is doing the invading? Then we have hundreds of millions of invaders to take into account.

Dobbo

I’ve never lived in a Muslim country and funnily enough the vast, vast majority of Muslims I have met don’t want to live in a Muslim country either…

1. How many muslims have you met and asked if they want to live in a muslim country? It must be a hell of lot to get a vast vast majority. unless that’s 1 out of 1. 😆

2. It’s not a good advert for muslim countries if they don’t want to live there.

RichPenny
    Free Member

I find Catholicism hugely offensive, Catholics at least as intolerant as the Muslimists and very very narrow minded. The Christian right in the bible belt of Amerka are dangerously out of control and wield huge power and Evangelical Christianity in large swathes of Africa have caused major issues with human rights, and have helped fuel the prolific spread of HIV and uncontrolled population growth.

Catholics, Muslims and Evangelical Christians are all human beings, just as you are. And just as you might hold varying degrees of belief in 29ers to fellow bikers, so religious people interpret their faith differently. I find your comments about Catholics very offensive, and am happy to confirm that the 3 I share a home with are not intolerant people. Apart from my toddler, she doesn’t seem that tolerant of food which isn’t cake.

If we are looking at those that preach extreme views and intolerance for others I think we need to include all these groups and not just the Muslimists (and for the record the Koran, depending on interpretation, preaches a pretty tolerant line).

I would agree, unfortunately people like yourself also see fit to preach intolerance. Let go of your hate for ordinary people; save it for better targets or better yet, let go of it entirely. There will always be evil people in the world and they thrive off your hate. Direct it at more dangerous things, like 650b.

zokes
    Free Member

2. It’s not a good advert for muslim countries if they don’t want to live there.

And this has to do with what, precisely?

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

If no-one ever ‘invaded’ anyone, would that make for a population of inbred mutants?

Junkyard
    Free Member

In the past few years, millions of immigrants have made their homes in this country. Millions of them.

Hold on do you want ban immigration or Mulsims ?

Its been said before, but what have discussions about Muslims (religion) or immigration (nationality) got to do with race?

Personally I find it very funny that the racists have to go to such lengths to pretend they are not racist – hell even the BNP do this- it shows the battle is lost tbh and multiculturalism is here as even they cannot say it openly. i bet it emotionally hurts them as well that they cannot speak openly in their own country because of doo gooders.

the afact some want to bemoan the passing of albions halycon days is tragic as it never really existed

Dobbo

And this has to do with what, precisely?

I presume jamj1974 can answer that he bought it up as a relevant issue.

yunki
    Free Member

In the past few years, millions of immigrants have made their homes in this country

maybe, but is that the problem..?

Is it not more likely the case that in the past few years, hundreds of emotionally insecure males with racist tendencies have got online and discovered that they are not alone..?
    That they suddenly have literally hundreds of new friends and between them they might be able to create some sort of purpose in their life..?

So are the rest of us (the 60 odd million) meant to suddenly bow down to the paranoid rantings of this tiny group of a few hundred overgrown wee boys, and engage in some sort of race war, just to give the poor loves a sense of worth..?

zokes
    Free Member

I presume jamj1974 can answer that he bought it up as a relevant issue.

I doubt it: it’s you that seemed to be trying falsely connect conditions in countries that aren’t the UK with immigration to the UK.

Cougar

the vast, vast majority of Muslims I have met don’t want to live in a Muslim country either

Really? How so?

Because whilst they’re different things, they’re heavily intertwined. Some people will be speaking out against Muslims because, fundamentally, they just don’t like brown people. To argue that this isn’t racism because Islam isn’t a race may well be technically correct but it’s not exactly true.

neilferther
    Free Member

Junkyard: It does not matter how many I think are here. The government should be able to tell us exactly. They cannot and nor can you. Your guess would be no more valid than mine

My point of view is not ignorant, I have lived and worked in many countries. I am not a Nazi, a Facist or a Racist.

My point about living in a Muslim country is this: Life in most Muslim countries is pretty unpleasant. Women are oppressed. Education is controlled. The religion intrudes into every aspect of peoples lives.

We have a democratic system here in Britain. I hope that when non Muslims are the minority, Muslims are as tolerant of us, as we were of them.

Cougar

I find your comments about Catholics very offensive, and am happy to confirm that the 3 I share a home with are not intolerant people.

What are their views on same-sex marriage, out of interest? That’s a good test of ‘tolerance’ at the moment.

zokes
    Free Member

I hope that when non Muslims are the minority, Muslims are as tolerant of us, as we were of them.

Bless him. He’s just feeble of mind and afraid, not a nazi.

Dobbo

trying falsely connect conditions in countries that aren’t the UK with immigration to the UK.

By conditions you must mean religious conditions and restraints rather than economic I presume?

Why do you think jamj1974 stated that “vast, vast majority of Muslims I have met don’t want to live in a Muslim country“?

I’ve not even mentioned about immigration to the UK, purly about muslims apparently not wanting to live in a muslim country. There’s no point in trying to twist things around that are written so clearly.

jamj1974

1. How many muslims have you met and asked if they want to live in a muslim country? It must be a hell of lot to get a vast vast majority. unless that’s 1 out of 1.

. A lot. I have a very large, very diverse group of friends, colleagues and associates. I live in North Birmingham and have done for 29 years. Birmingham is not known to suffer from a shortage of Muslims… Also my parents had and have an equally diverse group of friends, colleagues and associates – my father was from Mauritius which is a culturally and religiously diverse place and worked in a field where recent immigrants were the norm (Nursing). I mixed socially with these people from birth…

ninfan
    Free Member

Personally I find it very funny that the racists have to go to such lengths to pretend they are not racist – hell even the BNP do this-

Or perhaps they don’t like being called something they’re not, in an attempt to close down any discussion on something which the liberal elite want, but the people don’t

Immigration into the UK in the 20th Century has, by and large, been a concerted effort by capitalist business owners to undermine the position of the working man and force down wages – if you bother to look into the history of the trades union movement you will see widespread opposition to immigration.

it shows the battle is lost tbh and multiculturalism is here as even they cannot say it openly.

What has multiculturalism got to do with race? You keep using non sequitur proxies for racism to prove your point despite the fact that an opposition to enforced multiculturalism has nothing to do with ethnicity or race – but you’re unable to see the fallacy in your own argument – Britain has always been a multi-ethnic society, even before the Romans arrived, your inability to separate race from religion or culture just belies the laziness of your own analytical skills, and your unwillingness to challenge your own thoughts – maybe you need to check your own privilege before calling people stupid for disagreeing with something that they see happening on a daily basis?

dazh

Please explain to me why you think that is a moronic comment.

Because it’s patently untrue. This country is not being invaded by 10s of millions of immigrants. This fact is so obvious it hardly merits discussion. But still you say it. Moronic? Absolutely.

Please explain to me why you think anyone should be pleased about this.

People come here to live and work because presumably it’s a good place to do both. That’s something we should celebrate I think. Would you prefer the opposite? The cultures, skills, knowledge, experience and other things they bring with them, and the diversity it fosters have vast benefits both culturally and economically for this country. But still, if you’d rather live in an insular, inward looking, homogenous, and conformist environment where everyone lives, acts, talks, and looks the same, then you’re perfectly free to leave and find somewhere which will meet those needs. Being born in a particular place doesn’t automatically give you the right to dictate who else lives there and how they lead their lives.

zokes
    Free Member

Dobbo – you did indeed write it quite clearly:

And I asked what, precisely, did that statement have to do with this thread, which is mostly about bigoted racists protesting about immigration to the UK, not the living conditions in countries that are not the UK

Dobbo

So then jamj1974, why don’t the vast, vast majority of muslims you have met want to live in a mulsim country?

Do they have more freedom in a non mulsim country and prefer that?
    I’d have thought that if there belief was that strong they’d prefer to be more encapsulated in it and its rules?

yunki
    Free Member

oh for gods sake.. this is like trying to reason with a bowl of jelly.. 😆

Dobbo

Yet again Zokes, jamj1974 stated that mulsims he knows don’t want to live in a muslim country, I replied to that as did Cougar. It’s not hard to follow. You do read posts from the top of the page down don’t you?

3dvgirl
    Free Member

Shame you are not so confident in your views you could share lol

Im a libertarian(edging towards classical), as long as what you do or say doesn’t negatively effect me i couldn’t give a ****.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertarianism

neilferther
    Free Member

Dazh: It is not untrue. The immigration over the last few years runs into many millions. I live in London. London had a population of about 8 million. It is now unusual to hear a British accent in my home town.

I am saying uncontrolled immigration is not a good idea. There are only so many jobs, so many places in schools, and a limited amount of money available for the NHS.

Do you really think that Britain was insular, homogenous and conformist?

I have lived abroad. Have you?

zokes
    Free Member

Dobbo

At last the pennies dropped.

zokes
    Free Member

I have lived abroad. Have you?

You were an immigrant?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Or perhaps they don’t like being called something they’re not, in an attempt to close down any discussion on something which the liberal elite want, but the people don’t

NO farcically they have to say things like this to present themselves as the victims its tragic comedy at its best

You keep using non sequitur proxies for racism

I refer you the point Cougar made

Because whilst they’re different things, they’re heavily intertwined. Some people will be speaking out against Muslims because, fundamentally, they just don’t like brown people. To argue that this isn’t racism because Islam isn’t a race may well be technically correct but it’s not exactly true.

You seem to think race , multiculturalism and Muslim are not an intersecting set and claim it is fallacious to suggest otherwise.

I disagree and the reasons should be pretty obvious but perhaps you could use the example of the Jews to help me with my “fallacy” and my

inability to separate race from religion or culture

neilferther
    Free Member

I would guess that any Muslims you meet here would rather not live in a Muslim country.

Here is an amusing little anecdote, perhaps it might be a clue as to why someone would rather not live in Pakistan

When I was living in Asia, a few stories made the local press. A young girl living in a village in rural Pakistan was told to stop seeing a boy from a nearby village. She was rumbled on her next illicit date. The Muslim elders from her home decided that a suitable punishment would be rape. She was publicly raped by the men from her own village.
    She got off lightly though. Another teenage girl under similar circumstances had her lips and ears hacked off with a knife.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 321 total)

The topic ‘EDL in Birmingham Today’ is closed to new replies.