Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Editing/merging mutiple GPX files
  • dawson

I have a number of GPX files that I would like to combine to make a big ride.

I am trying to avoid having to manually re-plot the whole route

They will need editing to get them to join up where I want them, so it not as simple as ‘the start of ride 2 needs to join to the end of ride 1’.

Is there any software that I can ‘copy and paste’ elements of an existing route and add in linking sections?

Drac

http://www.gpsbabel.org

Does a few magic things I think it combines too but not used it for a few years.

Hmmm! Actually that’s not the one I was thinking if I used that to convert files. Can’t recall the name of the editor I used.

Wait think this was it.

http://www.gpstrackeditor.com

scotroutes

Garmin Basecamp

whitestone
    Free Member

Fitfiletools.com will do that. I’ve only used it to combine files but there is a tool to do what you want

boblo
    Free Member

Shirley that’s for combining .fit files not .gpx files?

welshfarmer

Simple if you have Memory map on a PC. Might be possible using Google earth too, but would involve using a 3rd party conversion tool (eg. gpsvisualizer.com) to convert back to GPX

richardthird

Just open up each gpx file in Notepad.

Copy the second file from the first LAT position to the end.

Paste it over the last LAT position on the first file.

Repeat if more than 2 files to be merged.

Save and upload.

This is to join whole files, you can also do this for part files but you’ll need to know the LAT/LONG positions to do this.

johnnystorm

Yeah you can do it in notepad but its way more faff than just googling for “online gpx files combine” and choosing from the options. There are loads out there.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Editing/merging mutiple GPX files’ is closed to new replies.