• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by ojom.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Edinburgh/West Lothian roadies – guide to the West Calder Alps?
  • 13thfloormonk

I was sure I’d seen something like this before, certainly did the Col du Climpy on someone’s (probably Scotroute’s) suggestion.

Living in Kirkliston now and getting familiar with Bathgate Alps, but need some new roads to explore.

Cheers

jamiep
    Free Member
    dmck16
    Free Member

13thfloormonk – Member

Living in Kirkliston now

My condolences 😉

kcr
    Free Member

The cols of the Bathgate Alps are contained in quite a compact area, so you’ll easily find everything if you just nose about. Some good back roads out to the east of Linlithgow as well.

13thfloormonk

Thanks guys, already had some excellent rides in the Bathgate Alps, it was the West Calder Alps I was interested in 😉

Have found a few route maps for the Col du Climpy ride so will start with that, but there look to be all sorts of interesting wee minor roads branching off.

My condolences

Ha, so far so good. Wife is happy with shiny white identi-box new build, and I’ve got an excellent almost traffic free 20km commute with optional hills every morning, what’s not to like? 8)

kcr
    Free Member

Sorry, I meant to say west of Linlithgow.

kcr
    Free Member

I didn’t read your original post correctly, good road stuff out West Calder way as well. A few wee bits of off road as well, if you study the map.

spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

The Climpy climb is nothing to get excited about. The Bathgate Alps are better. There are good roads over towards Slamanan etc. There is a the West Lothian Clarion ride from Linlithgow on a Saturday, Livingston Cycling club do rides on Thursday and Saturday and the infamous Pedal Power Chaingang on Tuesday.

There are some good climbs just over the bridge in Fife.

scotroutes

That’s not what Wiggo and Froomedog said last time I saw them training out there.

ojom
    Free Member

Iain, give me a holler and Jimmy too. We’ll head out for some KOM action.

Mark

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Edinburgh/West Lothian roadies – guide to the West Calder Alps?’ is closed to new replies.