Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Edinburgh with kids, recommendations
  • stevew
    Free Member

Hi All

Off to Edinburgh with the kids for two full days and a night at half term. We are going on the train so walking/public transport when there and based right in the centre.

The boys are 5 and 7 and we are thinking of going to the Dynamic Earth museum as Mrs Stevew and I went there years ago and it was good.

Any other recommendations?

joshvegas
    Free Member

Camera obscura.

Scotts monument if you aren’t claustrophobic.

Zoo

Dalry farm.

Beach at portobello if its sunny.

joshvegas
    Free Member

The museum on chambers street is great too.

Where are you staying?

Also… get a saver pass on the bus and you’re sorted for the day

donald
    Free Member

And it’s free

alishand

And it’s free

And has massive amounts of hands on stuff for kids of those ages

Also, take the boys up to the Castle in time for the one o’clock gun, (it goes of at 1pm by the way :lol:) then go and have a look at Mons Meg.

Camera Obscura is a great shout. You’ll enjoy it yourself, but your sprogs will absolutely love it

everything else is just standard guide book….dynamic earth, parliament, holyrood park, Zoo, Butterfly World?, day trip to Seaworld and the bridges.

Enjoy!

wwpaddler
    Free Member

Walk / explore Arthur’s Seat (mountain/volcano) footie /frisbee in Holyrood Park

Chambers Street Museum
    Camera Obscura

Would be the must do’s.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Have a look on the museum’s website for special events. These sometimes cost you but can be worth it. Some of the museum was closed when I was there at Easter but still lots to see. If you are thinking of going to Butterfly world you could combine it with a trip to the Mining Museum at Newtongrange, the tours are great. I know those aren’t in Edinburgh but you can get the train to Newtongrange or the bus.

slackboy

dynamic earth is great as is the camera obscura. I’d also make time for a trip to the botanical gardens

Trekster

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g316000-d1198957-Reviews-Minnigaff_Hostel-Newton_Stewart_Dumfries_and_Galloway_Scotland.html
    My grandkids love the childhood museum and dynamic earth, eldest 10yr old has been a few times and wants to go back. He also loves the dungeon tours 😀
    MrsT has a work meeting @ Dynamic earth next week

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Edinburgh with kids, recommendations’ is closed to new replies.