Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Edinburgh riding partners
  • NZCol

This might sound a bit like internet dating but having moved back recently and with a small kid I’m getting a bit bored riding on my own all the time. Its hard to make some of the meets as they are sort of 10am-2pm which is prime family time at weekends.
    So if there is anyone in a similar state who wants to go riding – road, cx or mtb I don;t care, mainly early AMs and late PMs weekdays and weekends. I’m based in Colinton. I sound sad, maybe its because I am 40. 😀 I also like to drink beer but again, on your own its a bit dull!

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Have your tried the Spokes guys in Edinburgh? http://www.spokes.org.uk/

Also http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/

I think both these forums are quite active, although there is a high beard content you should find some MTB people on there. I ride in Stirling so not that good for you I imagine.

jamiep
    Free Member

Edininburgh Meet-Up (although the site in currently down at the mo)

NZCol

I’ve been on the meet up site but most of the times have been impossible for me, hence posting to see if there was anyone else in a similar predicament.

tomcrow99

I’m in a simelar boat, most my old local riding buddies either emagrated or gradually dropped me as I couldn’t do convenient time or big weekends away. I’m in Ratho just out side of Edinburgh, would be keen to meet. What sort of riding?

Tom

ojom
    Free Member

Yo. I am also in Colinton on Woodhall Road.

Gladly meet you for a pint or two one night and we can sort some rides out. I am expecting my firstborn in 2 weeks so my schedule is variable to say the least but we can at least sort something out.

Planning on riding tomorrow evening after work and probably wednesday night too and also the weekend but that will depend on me finishing painting a room… etc etc

ANYWAY. Please drop me a text on 07715 452528 if you like.

AlasdairMc

I realised I forgot to respond to your post ages ago – sorry.

I’m out tomorrow night, probably the Bonaly car park at 6ish for as long as it stays light or our lights work. I live in Balerno so the Pentlands are my local stomping ground. Drop me an email if you’re interested – in profile.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Edinburgh riding partners’ is closed to new replies.