Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Edinburgh – Place to stay on Tuesday Night
  • BigJohn

Mrs BigJohn and I fancy a quick dash up to Edinburgh early on Tuesday, see the festival in full swing, catch a couple of Fringe gigs, grab a quick kip and then maybe do a lap of Glentress or Kirroughtree on Wednesday on our way back to Stafford.

Does anybody have any “must see”, “must eat/drink there”, “good, not-too-expensive, but convenient and with vacancies place-to-stay”, or “park here and catch the bus in” type recommendations?

Ta muchly.

Liftman

Accommodation anywhere near Edinburgh during the festival with vacancies, you are joking arent you 😆

BigJohn

**** me – the comedy starts here.

That’s why I’m asking 😕

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You will be lucky. all accomodation will have been booked months ago at vastly inflated prices.

maccruiskeen

Theres certainly nowhere you can expect to have vacancies, you’d just have to settle for whatever you can find, its not totally impossible to find places mid week during the festival, but where you’ll find them is anybody’s guess.

If you only want to do a day or so of stuff you might do better to stay a train-ride away – Glasgow, Fife, Berwick. The train links to Glasgow are the most frequent and run til late.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Gotta be worth trying to book somewhere, something tells me stw posters may not be the last word on this topic.

That said park and ride at Sheriffhall or staying in Penicuik, Roslin etc may be a whole lot less hassle.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

There’ll be plenty places to stay in Edinburgh. You do realise that Kirroughtree is at the other end of the country don’t you?

maccruiskeen

Gotta be worth trying to book somewhere

it is, it just that the places that would come best recommended are the ones that’ll be booked, as are the ones that come up on the first few pages when you google.

robbo
    Free Member

We’ve just got back from camping at Lothianbridge caravan site about seven miles out. On a bus route but parking in the centre as easy and cheap compared to London, Nicholson square mosque car park £10 all day. Glentress and Inners for days out. Great city…but why isn’t Holyrood Park a trail centre?

winstonsmith

friends of mine found a guest house in murrayfield at very short notice last week, without much hassle. have a look around, i’m sure you’ll get something

rOcKeTdOg

stay in Alnwick northumberland, get train to the burgh (about and hour) then back and ride keilder, that’s what i did last year

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

“but why isn’t Holyrood Park a trail centre?”

Probably because HM the Queen does not want her garden carved up.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Edinburgh – Place to stay on Tuesday Night’ is closed to new replies.