Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Edinburgh Pentlands Wednesday Ride – 27th April
  • pixelmix
    Free Member

I’ve just re-read my previous message. I think I need more coffee.

Retrodirect
    Free Member

If any of you Edinburgh folk are wanting a play on bikes tonight (thursday) Edinburgh bike polo are playing in leith. Breadalbane street from 8pm onwards. Be nice to see some of you there.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

we three fast ones all rode the climb out of green cleugh.

Kunstler

It was indeed, a grand ride, even with failing brakes. Nice to meet people finally.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

i reckon he could do 50Mph if he cut his hair. and wore a skin suit. not sure you’d get anybody to witness it though.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Skin suit? I must get one.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I’m tempted to take my road bike to the top of Beech Avenue and see how fast I can get up to on the way back down.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I only have a 36 / 11 top gear so I spin out at 30 mph before I get to the steep bit and despite a good tuck I would assume a road bike is more aero. 50 mph should be feasable – we have hit that on the tandem down there but that obviously hits a higher terminal speed

ChrisL

I managed to get an MTB to a bit above 45mph going down Beech Avenue some time ago so on a bike with road gearing 50 should be possible.

My helmet started acting like an aerofoil and was lifting off from my head! It was only the straps that was keeping it on. 🙂

robgarrioch

I find I reach a higher terminal velocity down Kirkgate, maybe due to the farther vanishing point… “think” I’ve seen 48mph down there on 26×1.25 gator-skins (don’t take the decent road bike on it, too rough around that Balerno…)

beardy
    Free Member

Hi
    Are your ride outs open invitation? id be interested in getting out more, learning some new local trails and basically meeting a few more mtb people in Edinburgh area.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I’ve been down Kirkgate on the road bike quite a few times. The road surface is so bad that I find I have to slow down for bits, so don’t think I’ve seen over 40mph down there.

The main issue with trying the roadbike down Beech Avenue is that I’d have to ride it up first! Even though my bike has 34:28 as it’s granny gear I’m still not all that keen (although I did get almost all the way up on a singlespeed once)!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Beardy – absolutely. Social rides open to all. Please come along.

beardy
    Free Member

Good Stuff TandemJeremy,Ill look fwd to it.

Is it a weekly run you arrange? arrange via this forum?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Beardy – its not my rides – I am not in charge.

However we have been trying to get out every Wednesday evening – meet 6.30 at cargo at lochrin basin or 7 at the wee shop in bonally. Someone will post up on tuesday normally to confirm.

Open to all. Its a social ride not a training ride

robgarrioch

Beardy – in case you don’t know it, the wee shop is at the corner of Bonaly Avenue and Bonaly Road

debaser

a grand ride, even with failing brakes

hey Kunstler, a grand ride indeed. I have those MPH3 spares for you, sent an email to your profile address.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Edinburgh Pentlands Wednesday Ride – 27th April’ is closed to new replies.