Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Edinburgh Parking??
  • ads678

Going on a stag do in Edinburgh this weekend, a few of us from Leeds we’re gonna get the train up but have ended up driving now.

Any one know where’s best to park near Balckfriars street, close but not toooo expensive if poss?

maccruiskeen

are you absolutely unable to take the train? Edinburgh is shocking for parking.

ads678

Yeah to late now. It’d cost a fortune, compared to four of us in a car.

franksinatra

No big deal. I’d drive into Morningside, park in Balcarres Street for free and get one of the many buses into central town which will take just over 10 mins

Can do the same from any suburb type area

geoffj

Park it one of the side roads between Easter Rd and Leith Walk – down the Leith end.

bikebouy
    Free Member

“looks around for TJ”

palliative.stare
    Free Member

There is a ‘rent my drive’ scheme thingy if you Google it. Used it the last cou ple of tmes i stayed in Edinburgh. Basically parked on someone’s drive for 4-5 days for about 6-8quid a day on the edge of the city centre. Last time i was close to the bikechain, and a trip in there cost me more than the parking 🙂 booked within a couple of days of going before to.

poly
    Free Member

Personally I’d be inclined to park at one of the park and ride faciities http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/info/48/park_and_ride_schemes/1170/park_and_ride/1

If you follow the links for the specific one it will tell you what to do for overnight parking.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Def park it in a free zone, they’re not that far out, get a taxi back in = cheaper.

chickenman

New Street multistorey is the cheapest and 2 mins away.

geoffj

New Street multistorey is the cheapest and 2 mins away.

…and costs about £19 a day

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

To be honest I’d be more worried about driving around Edinburgh. York place is closed, as is the end of Princes Street. Personally I avoid driving in the city centre as much as humanly possible!

druidh
    Free Member

Plenty of on-street parking in Priestfield Road area from where it is a short bus journey into the centre of town. You’ll be south of all the traffic disruption.

hels
    Free Member

The Central Mosque has public parking around the back. Nicholson Square. It’s as cheap as anywhere in town.

However I think parking is still free in Edinburgh on Sundays so you might be as well paying for street parking on Saturday until 18.30 then making sure you move it before 0830 Monday. Chambers Street normally has loads of free spaces.

And DONT leave it overnight in the Park and Ride at Straiton. Just don’t.

Kunstler

Park in front of my house just off Easter Road (near to Hibs Stadium) and catch the 35 bus back to Blackfriars. It’s not far. My work’s office is in that street and it only takes me ten minutes on the bike from my flat.

ads678

cheers all, plenty of options there, i’ll have a word with the driver and see what he fancies.

martymac

fixed fare buses in edinburgh, £1.40 no matter how far youre going within the city.
    ferrytoll park and ride at the forth road bridge is fine, free, monitored cctv, although it is a little far out of the city.
    ive left my car there loads of times when ive been on nights, never had a problem.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Edinburgh Parking??’ is closed to new replies.