Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • Edinburgh Night Rides
  • ojom
    Free Member

Righto – thinking of making a regular night thing so it makes us all go out and get as much riding done as we can…

Does anyone fancy wednesday nights leaving from shoppe (rodney street) at 6.30-7pm.

We will aim to be inclusive and introduce people new to riding to the joys of night rides and vary the routes as much as possible.

So – if interested then let us know here.

Open to suggestions for nights too.

Smee
    Free Member

You'll not get much off-road stuff if you leave from the shop. We have a ride in the Pentlands on a wednesday evening.

rickmeister

This an urban/street night ride around the lanes and steps, or off road night ride from the shoppe ?

ojom
    Free Member

You'll not get much off-road stuff if you leave from the shop. We have a ride in the Pentlands on a wednesday evening.

you can. its only 45mins to the hills.

its off road based rick. usually up WOL to the Pentlands.
    Also head down to the usual GT, Innerleithen thing as well.

Smee
    Free Member

Gypsy Glen makes for a great nightride. I will be up for joining you on some of them.

ojom
    Free Member

Cool.

Gypsy sounds like fun in the dark!

robgarrioch

Think I'll be up for some of these, before work goes bat-sh1t again; hoping to get my bar lights this week. More likely I'd meet you guys near the hills though, getting into ye shoppe would take much more time. Stay in Bonaly anyway so handy for tagging onto Pentlands rides.
    Are 'Revolution' bikes ok to be used? 😈
    Be using new grips purchased from your good outlet yesterday, boshed the ST subscribers card & voila, 1.60 saved just like that!

ojom
    Free Member

That's cool rob. No point you heading into town!

Hope you are liking the grips. We will allow the Revolution as long as it has the grips on it! 😉

Kit
    Free Member

I try and get out on Wednesdays too – would be good to have some easy going company, so if you don't mind I would probably tag along too.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I'm up for some of these. Are you planning one for this Wednesday?

For the Pentlands its handier for me to meet you where the WOL crosses Roseburn Terrace.

btw – I've got a spare DX P7 torch / batteries and am happy to lend them out.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Sounds good! Just the excuse I need to stop watching Hollyoaks and get out. Count me in, I'd also probably meet you at Balgreen as my work is local to there. What length or ride would we be doing, need to make sure I have enough battery time! Can't make this Wednesday as I need to patch my bike up after Sunday's ride.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

me and blipp might be up for this, depending on who else comes along – although we'd meet you on the canal rather than at the shop. (mark, ygm on facebook in a few mins)

cynic-al
    Free Member

TZF – who's us, when/where do you leave from, pacey ride or sociable?

Dair
    Free Member

It's a shame we couldn't all meet up for a ride this afternoon – cracking day outside!

I stay in Colinton (for now). Where and when would be the best place to join the shop ride?

TZF – I echo cynic-al's comments/questions.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I'd be keen to set up rides, however I am antisocial and unfriendly, hence want something earlier than this (say 6:15 bonally) and pacey w/few stops (not race pace or anything, just hate hanging about getting cold, I have a 40m ride home after – happy to be sociable within those parameters)

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

al, i'd be up for an earlier start as i get flexi time (and i also prefer to finish early so i can eat/sleep) and i also don't like too many stops so we could have an anti-social no stops early ride 😆

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I'd be up for the anti social, early start but with occasional stops type of ride. Do like to check out the stars, have a jaffa cake and a wee drink once or twice a ride.

Smee
    Free Member

Us = me and a couple of mates. Pace varies, depending on who is there.

Start point and starting time vary to suit.

If you want to suggest a time, place and route we'll happily join you.

juan
    Free Member

al did I meet mrgnar/tzf ?

Dair
    Free Member

cynic-al – would you mind if my friend and I joined you tomorrow night?

If that's okay, where do you meet? I stay on Bridge Road.

Any chance we could make it 6.30?…

Kit
    Free Member

thebikechain – is anything organised for tomorrow?

kennyp
    Free Member

I'd be up for the occasional one, though as I live in Colinton I'd just meet you there ie Pentlands.

Smee
    Free Member

Juan – we've never met.

Northwind

I fancy this, but it'd be good to vary the nights too- wednesday night's kind of traditional night ride night so some people will probably already have rides organised, plus people who can't do wednesday always miss out… So some tuesdays and thursdays would be nice to cover more bases.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Any plan yet?

jimmy

I'm liking the sound of this, just what I need to get some regular riding done. Will get involved when I'm back up North in 3 weeks.

I disagree with varying the day – keep it constant otherwise it will just confuse (me).

Dair
    Free Member

Okay, I'm going to go out on a limb here…

I am meeting a pal outside Mather's Convenience Store in Colinton (Bridge Road) at 6.30 for a quick ride in the Pentlands. Neither of us have ridden in the Pentlands at night before, so it would be great if some night riding veterans were able to join us.

Cheers

ojom
    Free Member

The plan is 7pm at Harlaw car park. Meet there if you fancy coming along.

Route will be made up on the spot as we feel like it and stuff.

Teej – call us – we have a seat in the Uglipla.

Dair – fancy meeting up?

DrT
    Free Member

Im planning on being out in the Pentlands tonight so will head up and join you guys at 7.

ojom
    Free Member

Ace.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

TBC – will do

epicsteve
    Free Member

I'll probably be up there at some point tonight but don't know when as it depends on when I get home from work.

I'd echo the comments about varying the nights from a Wednesday. I ride in the Pentlands at night quite a lot and on most nights (like last night where other than a dog-walker at the Harlaw car-park I didn't see anyone) I'm surprised if I see any other bikes up there. On Wednesday nights however there seem to be several groups that ride up there (the Edinburgh Road Club mailing list for example) so it's not unusual to see maybe 15 to 20 other riders. Hardly crowded but given some of those folks are also STWers it'd make sense to vary the nights so more can make it.

Dair
    Free Member

TBC – good shout. See you at Harlaw at 7pm.

Cheers

robgarrioch

GGrrrr, haven't got my lights yet so skipping this one – may venture out with the camera & catch you all giving it rad down white hill! 😈

Kit
    Free Member

Blimey, is there enough room for all of us in the Pentlands tonight? 😕 😉

I'll already be out by 7pm. If I'm about that area I'll come join you (unless there's any objections) but don't wait for me.

Garry_Lager

I was just thinking of going out riding tonight – 7pm at Harlaw is a good time for me so I'll join up with ye.

ojom
    Free Member

Good stuff.

Might be quite a crowd!

13thfloormonk

TBC, I'll be at your shop for 6-ish, when you leaving from there?

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I'll meet you at Harlaw.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Any idea of route?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Edinburgh Night Rides’ is closed to new replies.