Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Edinburgh folk
  • SaxonRider

I spent the weekend up in your city – which was the first time in almost ten years that I have been there. My goodness, it’s nice.

Keep it up, okay?

ojom
    Free Member

We are lucky having such a great place to live.

scotroutes

SHOOSH! We wouldn’t want it overrun by tourists 😉

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Is that a joke scotroutes? I struggle to hear a local accent whenever I’m over! 🙂

Edinburgh; the english city…

geoffj

I struggle to hear a local accent whenever I’m over!

Edinburgh; the english city…

That IS the local accent

paddy0091
    Free Member

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

@glasgowdan – that’s funny cuase I work here everyday and my office is mainly Scottish and all the people on my commuter trainare scottish so far as I can tell.

When I first moved through here 20 odd years ago (from Glasgow)I loved the fact that you could hear so many different accents and languages it is a much more international city than Glasgow. That said it’s night life outside of festival time is a bit tame compared to the Weege.

Northwind

Today it’s bollocksed with snow, mind.

legend
    Free Member

Did anyone mention that Edinburgh folk have sense of humour issues?

😉

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Don’t all the Edinburgh folks live in the borders now anyway? 😀

geoffj

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR_lgrtxWT8[/video]

bigjim

there aren’t usually as many welsh people here as there were at the weekend, haven’t seen so much carnage on the streets for a while!

unknown
    Free Member

I often think Edinburgh must be a nice place to visit but after 12 years I’m getting pretty sick of living here. If my flat hadn’t taken such an enormous nosedive in value I’d have left already. It’s a bit like a temperamental old VW camper I think. Full of character, everyone sees it and thinks they want one, and fun for a weekend but sod having to drive it to work every day.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Edinburgh folk’ is closed to new replies.