Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Edinburgh Cycles – Best Road Bike for a Grand?
  • iamsporticus
    Free Member

Hmmmm help needed

Im not the worlds biggest roadie however due to arriving at the pub on a bike most times my mates think of me as a cycling expert 🙂

One of them wants to buy a road bike – fair play to him….

He has to get it through the Edinburgh dudes which I told him was cool when he asked for my help

However it looks like road bikes have taken a big hike since the last time I looked
    Last year a grand bought a whole lot of bike
    This year it doesnt 🙁

Ive looked at the Edinburgh site and its looking pretty shabby for him – although hes still getting a cheap bike thro the scheme

Im sure that until recently 1k got you full carbon and 105 as a minimum but apart from Planet X which are not available in his scheme I just cant see that kind of deal anywhere else

Im tempted to tell him to just buy the Planet X and forget the ride to work as its such a good deal

Comments welcome

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

surely he'll be on the cycle2work or cycle scheme? why does it have to be the edinburgh co-op? and are you/he in edinburgh or elsewhere?

If edinburgh i'd recommend the tri centre, on south clerk st. they're set up with all the different cycle schemes as well.

mustard
    Free Member

The co-op run their own scheme.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Edinburgh Cycles – Best Road Bike for a Grand?’ is closed to new replies.