Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Edinburgh Blackford area riding
  • edinburghbiker
    Free Member

Hey all. Just wondering if anyone else rides the trails on and around blackford hill?

Garry_Lager

I used to a bit – more as a way out to the Pentlands as I used to work at KB (moved away now). You can get out there predominately off-road, so something like up to the observatory from blackford pond, down and up the hermitage valley, then over to the Braid hills either via Morton Hall way or up the wee hill with the radiomast. Then swing west through Caiystane and head towards Dreghorn. Made things more interesting if you had the time for it.

As far as riding round Blackford there’s not a lot there but it’s definitely worth an explore. Sort of place you might take a new build out to see what’s what. Also v popular with walkers so not a spot to totally fly downhill.
    Have you had a dig at the steps at the back of the observatory? You’re a braver man than me if you take them on – v steep.

bigjim

there are some rooty little nuggets in the hermitage and you can tie a loop together around blackford and mortonhall, with a stop at the pub in mortonhall. There are some friendly gentlemen in the bushes up there in the summer too 😯

edinburghbiker
    Free Member

not alot eh? thats what i like to here, u havent found the trails we built i take it 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Edinburgh Blackford area riding’ is closed to new replies.