Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Edinburgh bike showing tomorrow outside St Andrews House, Regent Road
  • MrKmkII
    Free Member

anyone going to this tomorrow? just thought i’d flag it up. it’s 1-2pm, and it’s to show that cyclists’ oppose the scottish parliament’s ballooning funding for car and truck traffic at the expense of cycling infrastructure.

well, i’m going. seems to tie in with that ‘cycle lane’ thread that’s floating about 🙂

and here’s a few stats.

i await slaughter for being naive/unrealistic/not a proper mountain biker, etc…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Aha – I had forgotton. Should be a good fun thing. anyone want to help me take ride the tandem to it?

13thfloormonk

Yep, I’ll be there.

ojom
    Free Member

Why is it not at holyrood?

bigjim

I’ll try and come for half an hour

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Good point!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

What a daft idea for a location. Plenty space at Holyrood.

ojom
    Free Member

Druidh pointed it out to me today. The man who needs to see it won’t see it. He is at the parliament tomorrow.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

i wondered too. wasn’t the last one at holyrood? i assumed some kind of meeting was going down at st andrew’s house. either that, or “NO PROTESTS OUTSIDE PARLIAMENT

13thfloormonk

I think the point was that the protest is being directed at the SNP, who have broken their manifesto pledges re: sustainable transport initiatives, as opposed to being directed at Holyrood in general? I don’t think they’re expecting to confront anyone outside the building anyway!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Just give this a wee bump.

a bit daft perhaps but its nice to show some solidaity and it is in the press

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Several hundred folk showed up – mainly on bikes and a nice mix and cross section of local cyclists. 13th floormonk of this forum got himself right in the middle of all the pictures, I loitered at the back

Its only a small thing but a little bit of fuss has been made and a little bit of notice might be taken.

13thfloormonk

Yeah, good showing I thought!

Hope Cannondale appreciate all the exposure I’m getting them by getting their bike in all the photos, should tap them up for some freebies 😀

MrKmkII
    Free Member

ha – so that was you, 13th! and good work TJ on being the first to stand on the wall 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

MrK mkII – Member
    ha – so that was you, 13th! and good work TJ on being the first to stand on the wall

First against the wall would have been better…..

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

🙂

MrKmkII
    Free Member

i did think the bike shop owner who turned up in his VAN and handed out stickers promoting his shop was nothing short of a shameless profiteering 👿

druidh
    Free Member

MrK mkII – Member
    i did think the bike shop owner who turned up in his VAN and handed out stickers promoting his shop was nothing short of a shameless profiteering

I’d ask you to name names, but that might be exacerbating the situation.

13thfloormonk

MrK, I had my eye out for you, didn’t see you though?

Did that bike shop owner drive there?! Haha

TandemJeremy
    Free Member
    bigjim

they need a wider angle lens – there were at least three times as many there as in that first shot. good turn out, I’ve just about warmed up! It was quite satisfying cycling back to work in a big group of cyclists, more bikes than cars.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

i was there, but out to the side.

yep, he DROVE!! he seemed disappointed that the police officer wouldn’t let him park directly opposite the soapbox! it wasn’t STW’s favourite edinburgh shop, incase anyone was wondering 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I was given a bike shop sticeker for a second hand bike shop by a laddie on a bike – purple oval sticker – same one?

argyle
    Free Member

wasn’t that leith cycles chap was it?

MrKmkII
    Free Member

TJ 1 – 0 Argyle 🙂

just thought it was pretty cheeky. he even thanked me for coming!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Really – the chap that handed me a sticker was on a bike – so he had bikes in his van? well cheeky.

ojom
    Free Member

That row is like a who is who of our customers. Reckon i recognise 10 in that 1 shot.

Your haircut looks nice TJ.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

i saw him arrive in a van (although perhaps you saw a colleague or friend). he had a crash hat with his brand on which he waved during the photos. anyway, let’s not get too hung up on this, overall, it was a good showing! 🙂

BikePawl
    Free Member

Who’s the dodgy looking chap on the extreme left of the second picture

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

some yah

argyle
    Free Member

looks like a troll

bigjim

Who’s the dodgy looking chap on the extreme left of the second picture

Some vagabond who was standing on a wall waving a placard, police were hovering over the pepper spray and I swear I saw a little red dot shine onto his forehead.

Bike van was Soul cycles I think, second hand bikes an ting.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

there was a wee bit on Reporting Scotland too! and some billy from Keith Brown…

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Edinburgh bike showing tomorrow outside St Andrews House, Regent Road’ is closed to new replies.