Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Edinburgh bike shop recommendations? Cross max ST re-build
  • honeybadgerx

After the demise of The Bike Chain (damn you Mark, wanting a 9-5 job and a salary, very inconsiderate) I’ve been struggling to find a decent bike shop with a good workshop. My better half’s rear wheel needs a new free hub and re-build so if anyone can recommend someone it’d be appreciated, ideally somewhere that can be driven to, but I’m getting desperate! Cheers folks

pixelmix
    Free Member

Edinburgh Cycle Co in Granton – Brad from TBC is down there now with a smart new workshop

munrobiker
    Free Member

What pixelmix said.

honeybadgerx

Ah good stuff, someone I can trust my mojo with too!

Retrodirect
    Free Member

If you’ve not been in before then eastside bikes is fantastic.

Andy is also setting up a full framebuilding workshop in the basement, they can do bike jobs that no other shop can. If you want to go and nerd out about obscure bits it is the shop to go to.

It’s not a shop that stocks any bling if that’s your bag but they do quality repairs at decent prices.

whyter

Pedals in Bruntsfield is definitely worth a look. Had good service from James and Ryan in the past.

Northwind

In the tradition of STW, let me suggest somewhere not in Edinburgh 😉 Take it to Steve at Icycles, excellent wheel builder and Mavic dealer. And notorious discount-giver 😉

ojom
    Free Member

9-5 rules the hardest. Can’t believe what you can do with a 2 day weekend. Amazing- garden neve looked better.

All the names mentioned above can sort you out i am sure. James, Ryan if you are south and Brad if you are North.

fatmax

I used TBC in the past, so would probably pop in to see Brad.
    Has anyone used Hart’s Cyclery – the man in the van, who will come and pick up your bike etc from home or work? I’d be tempted to give him a try too, just for convenience.
    Fraser

argyle
    Free Member

another vote for Pedals.

the original bike chain crew

rickmeister

I would have given Brad a call too… Also the Bicycle Works at Argyle place had a load of Mavic spokes hidden away and are always very helpful

gazza100

+1 for Steve at I-Cycles.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Edinburgh bike shop recommendations? Cross max ST re-build’ is closed to new replies.