Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Edinburgers; anyone got a bike trailer? And volunteers required please!
  • jimmy

I'm organising a litter pick (or 'community clean up') along quite a large stretch of cycle path in Edinburgh for 28th March. There will be a central collection point for the rubbish and I would like for there to be a couple of 'pedlars' with a trailer going along and collecting the bags. But I don't have any trailers… So I'm looking for either;

– a couple of trailers to borrow (along with a volunteer rider if possible)…
    – someone who maybe has the skills to knock a couple of trailers up from spare parts (and the majority of spare parts from somewhere – heads up LBS's in the area – you could sponsor the event 😉 )
    – or someone with one of those utility bikes that could do the same job

or any other option any one could help with.

Finally, I will be looking for volunteers to come and help, either hands on litter picking or acting as a marshal and contact person for a certain stretch.

So, any hands showing?

ojom
    Free Member

aye ok. count us in.

trailer nope though. i will ask Big Al for you – he has just got back from euroland with his.

druidh
    Free Member

tbc – Al had to leave his in Espana after he was mugged. Should have it back by the end of March tho.

ojom
    Free Member

bugger.
    well we might have to charm one of a supplier by showing them our dinkles then
    *preps the G10*

jimmy

nice one, thank you. maybe you could provide prizes for the most, or most obscure item collected – something to keep the kids interested. Big kids… Adults… A Lapierre Zesty would be fine really, nothing much.

AntM
    Free Member

tbc- you can borrow my BOB trailer if you want. 🙂

ojom
    Free Member

Woop!

Trailer organised, thanks Ant. top man as always.

Zesty eh? well i might be able to rustle up some stuff like shorts and tops and tools n pumps. oh and free clif bars too.

13thfloormonk

Jimmy, the edinburgh bicycle co-op has a BOB lying about for staff use, however the guy who owns it (i think) is pretty easy going and this sounds like the sort of event he'd be interested in supporting.

I'm no longer an employee there but if you drop them a wee note for the "promotions team" or something like that it should find its way into the right hands 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Edinburghbikeco-op hire them out, they may give you a charitable discount?.

Kit
    Free Member

If it wasn't my 30th birthday the day before, you could have counted on a volunteer here. But, alas, I will most likely be feeling very sorry for myself having had one too many whiskeys 😉

ojom
    Free Member

umm. bring whisky.

bosh! happy to help.

druidh
    Free Member

jimmy – Tom("Beardie") at thebikechain is a Sutrans Ranger. He might be able to come up with some advice, tools etc.

GW
    Free Member

Got a kiddie trailer you can borrow (in East lothian) – if you're bagging the rubbish that is (trailer's the same as Edin Bike Co-op one, fits 2 kids so should hold a good few bin bags no probs.)

Gary.

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

If nearer that time you find yourself around the Perth/Dundee area you're more than welcome to borrow mine:

Cheers

Paul.

stevious

Try getting in contact with the Bike Station just off causewayside – they might be able to sort you with some manpower and/or transport. I think thay have a cargo bike.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I might be able to borrow a trailer or two – I'll ask

edit – you will have to remind us nearer the time

robgarrioch

Which area of path are you targetting Jim? I'm sure you've considered possibilities of hazardous waste – needles, glass etc. I should be able to lend a hand for a few hours – could also see about some pvc gloves, litter pickers etc. that may be going 'un-used' at work, & maybe a 1st aid kit.

jimmy

Thanks for the response people. I will be in touch with individuals nearer the time.

robg – its the Roseburn to Leith stretch, hopeully including the bit going to Davidson's Mains from Blackhall. The council will be on hand for unsavoury waste removal, any volunteers will be 'strongly advised' not to go near anything dangerous. Thanks for the offer of gloves and stuff; have also got these coming from Keep Scotland Beautiful so hopefully no need. However, if you come along to volunteer it would be useful if you could bring spares!

Thanks again all.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Is this still on? Wahts the score?

BikePawl
    Free Member

Bump

jimmy

Hello, yes its stil on. If you can see Facebook look here;

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=105336642822789#!/group.php?gid=247452358642&ref=ts

Otherwise, meeting at Bangholm Outdoor Education Centre, Craighall Gardens, EH6 4RH for 9am (clocks go forward!). Path to be targetted runs from Roseburn to Leith including the Blackhall path to D'Mains – about 6 miles in total.

If you have your own litter picker sticks (some people do apparently… and name them) or gloves or brooms etc please bring them.

Feel free to e-mail me or post up questions.

Paul / TJ – thanks for bumping it. See you tomorrow!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Edinburgers; anyone got a bike trailer? And volunteers required please!’ is closed to new replies.