Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Edinbugh Fringe Festival 2012 – anyone going? any recommendations?
  • Sue_W
    Free Member

I’m going to be up in Edinburgh for work on the 6th August, and have registered that the Festival is on at the same time. So am considering going up earlier in the day to see some shows / events in the afternoon or evening.

Is anyone else going this year? Got any recommendations re what to see? Worth checking out the smaller, free shows? Or will all the best events be fully booked by now?

Also, any locals – does it get impossible to find somewhere to eat etc when the festival’s on? Or does it have no discernable effect on a weekday?

Cheers 🙂

robbespierre
    Free Member

Hi Sue,

I’d recomment going to see one of the “Best of the Fest” Cabaret shows at the Spiegeltent on your first evening. You get to see half a dozen good comedy acts/groups do a short set and can then decide if you want to go and see their whole show.

Virtually nothing will be sold out until a few days of reviews in “The Scotsman” – which I’d recommend buying for the reviews.

No problem getting somewhere to eat.

Enjoy!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Edinbugh Fringe Festival 2012 – anyone going? any recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.