• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by fbk.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Edge 800 repair – anyone know how much?
  • fbk
    Free Member

My Edge 800 appears to have not enjoyed the current weather – the USB port has stopped working. No charging and no connection to the PC.

It’s well out of warranty so anyone know how much it would be to fix? Also, send it to Garmin or one of the 3rd party companies now advertising on Google?

stumpy01

I think Garmin charge £68 for a fix all problems repair service.
    Have you tried sticking it in a bowl of rice in the airing cupboard for a few days?

fbk
    Free Member

Thanks Stumpy – I’ve used the garmin service in the past but wasn’t sure how much it was now, thanks for the info.

And yes, I’ve tried the drying. And the gt85 squirt in the port. The rest of the unit is working fine but I’ve got a few rides stuck on there and I’m running out of battery charge 🙂

29ers
    Free Member

Have you tried a different usb cable and a different usb port on the computer?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Garmin swapped mine for nowt. It was out of warranty and I got it from a cash converters so I was without an origal receipt. I was pleased to say the least.

fbk
    Free Member

29ers – yes and yes. I think its a hardware issue. I’ll try Garmin on Monday – fingers crossed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Edge 800 repair – anyone know how much?’ is closed to new replies.