Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Edge 705 not saving ride to a History (.tcx) file
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

I posted a message on motionbased thought it might be helpfull to people about the 705 not savinf history since the 2.7 firmware update.

Found out the problem – trying to upgrade to 2.8 and the warning was – wipes USer data – so I copied teh devices contents onto computer (Garmin folder whole) – then at thte end it said it could not copy lap1.dat from folder 46 as was corrupt. I noticed on booting it kept getting to 4% saving history then would boot as normal.

Obviously this is a history / lap saving error – poss related to presviou firmware updates i.e. from 2.7.

I deleted the lap folder 46 (erroious data on the history on a section where the speed was huge)

The I ejected the device from the pc. Rebooted it and hey presto went into history saving mode then to normal boot screen – all tcx files from previous missing rides were saved.

Synced with GC and TC and then installed 2.8!

The 2.8 update info says should not fix handling corrupted lap files I think?

Stu_N

I’ve had a few problems with data from rides not saving to PC (generally long MTB rides). It’s been intermittant – seems to happen most often if you use autopause or stop the GPS and start it again.

Stumbled on this fix of deleting the numbered bit in the “laps” folder when I couldn’t copy it onto my PC because it said the file was corrupt (I was trying to copy all the files in the history so I could delete them in an attempt to get the GPS talking to the PC again).

If you delete the problem “laps” folder it seems to let you download the subsequent data OK. For the dodgy file, you still get the “history” entry once you have removed the Laps/xx folder but the GPS data itself is gone. Most annoying.

Hopefully 2.8 will fix it. Thanks for the update “heads up”.

foxyrider
    Free Member

The 2.8 update info says should not fix handling corrupted lap files I think?

Oops – I means “The 2.8 update info says should fix handling corrupted lap files I think?”

BTW 2.8 updates WIPES ALL USER DATA – FACTORY DEFAULT – have to enter everything agin!

Stu_N

Thanks for the warning, drew little maps of my customised displays and stuff. All upgraded now anyway, hope it works on Sat.

I lost today’s ride into work to the dodgy tracks thing, got a flat so stopped the timer while I fixed it. Hopefully this will do the trick.

Dibbs
    Free Member

2.8 works fine for me (but then again so did 2.7), yes you do have to re-set your screen setup but its hardly rocket science.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Edge 705 not saving ride to a History (.tcx) file’ is closed to new replies.