Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Edge 500 route screen
    Free Member

I have run an Edge 305 of about 4.5 years and have never had any problems following a route I have done by following the line on the screen and have never had any problems. First ride today with the Edge 500 and all I had all ride was it either being to slow to keep up with the road I was on or more it kept saying I was off course when I was not then the screen either going blank and after a while coming back or 2 times I had to stop and re enter the course using the buttons. I have read some thing about it is a known problem since a soft wear up grade in 2010 . Has any one else got this problem or could it just be my unit.

Free Member

I have found a few bit on e web about this being a Garmin update fault and I wondered if there is any way to sort the problem I have other wise I am going to send it back.

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

Mine is fine.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    edsbike
    Free Member

Mine does it all the time. Garmin admitted it was a software fault and they have no timescale to fix it and couldn’t offer any solutions. They wanted me to undertake a long winded diagnostics routine next time it happens. I asked if they’d pay me to become one of their software engineers, don’t think they saw the funny side.

frogstomp

Mine also does this.. it seems to do it less on courses created within the Garmin software (as opposed to imported routes) and higher scales.

Free Member

For some reason I did a master reset on my 500 and then tried the unit on a ride to work the next day and the unit has been transformed and now seems to be following the route ok and it only went off the screen for a few second 2 times. It now finds the sat-alights in about 10/15 seconds when I turn it on where as before it was taking any where up to 2 minutes to find them. Garmin got back to me the day after I did the reset and said I should do a master reset and thenup date it as well.
    I have milled up a reach forward bar mount out of a light mounting and a bit of acetal plastic and it works very as I can swap it between bikes in seconds. I am going to make another one so it is a bit furhter forward and it is far better even 3 inchs forward of the bars as you do not seem to be looking as far down to see the 500.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Edge 500 route screen’ is closed to new replies.