• This topic has 37 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by JAG.
Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Eden
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

Thought I’d watch the first one since it’s being filmed locally. Wonder if it will be like Castaway from all those years ago, or more like Big Brother or another of the modern ones?

scotroutes

When is it on? I’ll be cycling past there on Saturday. I should take my packraft and wave from the, err, waves 🙂

km79
    Free Member

or more like Big Brother or another of the modern ones?

Looks like it’s going to be this 🙁

thegreatape
    Free Member

Show is on now, first episode. Filming is March 2016 to March 2017. I’m on leave just now so this would be a good time to go and make a nuisance of yourself 🙂 Naked stand up paddleboarding perhaps?

fasthaggis

It looked a bit rubbish,too many posers wearing all the gear and only half an idea what they have let themselves in for.
    Once the bickering gets going it will morf in to a mix of Big Brother and Lord Of The Flies,hopefully 😉

MrSmith
    Free Member

I love these programs, same stuff every time, women putting on eyeliner/lipgloss (talk about getting your priorities right)and crying, half the men with huge ego’s and no talent doing lots of talk but little action the other half doing most of the work.
    Best form of people watching ever.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Winter’s going to be interesting.

scotroutes

thegreatape
    Free Member

Yes. Give me winter any day of the week.

gowerboy

I watched it….. It was pretty boring.

CheesybeanZ

Tried to watch , but the silly yoga girl put me off ” I came here cause there’s no rukes , I Don’t have to work “
    Obviously selected to make good tv rather than a interesting project .

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Obviously selected to make good tv rather than a interesting project .

This to a certain extent. One always wonders how much they’ve been chosen because they’ll create “moments” and how much they’ve been chosen for their skills and how they might aid group cohesion.

These programmes promise much, yet, very rarely deliver. Having watched The Island (the last series just to take the piss on twitter…honestly) a few times and other similar stuff, it seems to me that the worst thing about taking part in the experience is the grinding boredom of daily life without say, work, kids to look after, mates to meet for a coffee/beer, house to organise, bikes to ride, nice food to eat. And bored people have little else to do other than learn to hate one another.

Good premise for a show, but I imagine it’ll not be great.

JAG

selected to make good tv

I think this is the only rule that they apply when selecting people for TV programs. It seems to me they look to get the most conflict and most differences in the group of people they choose – simply because ‘they’ know what ‘we*’ like to watch.

* we does not mean the STW demographic but more the UK TV audience demographic which is obviously very different 😆

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

What ever happened to Survivor ( i think that was the one) it was the only reality show worth watching

cdoc
    Free Member

They killed the pig in the pen with the other pigs watching 😥 😈
    Utter bastards.

Bimbler
    Free Member

It’s just a middle class love island really. Poor the goat 🙁

disco_stu
    Free Member

Choosing a sweatlodge over a winter shelter was an interesting choice 😀

johndoh
    Free Member

What ever happened to Survivor ( i think that was the one) it was the only reality show worth watching

Was that the one where to win one particular task they had to stand on a small plank in the sea and last person standing won? I expected them to last a few hours but it went on for several days IIRC.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

That’s the one i meant

13thfloormonk

Just started watching, feels like an exercise in justifying stupid middle class careers by trying to prove they could survive without modern society.

If they had any intention of making this an experiment in starting a new society then W. the actual. F. is a yoga teacher and ‘life coach’ doing there?

Edit: Oh, wait no, everything is alright, they have someone who describes themselves as a professional ‘adventurer’ so I’m sure he’ll be the calm, mature voice of reason they need…

mattyfez

I saw the first episode, and agree a bit contrived and fake, far too much equipment provided, it’s more like glamping than camping.

CountZero

If they had any intention of making this an experiment in starting a new society then W. the actual. F. is a yoga teacher and ‘life coach’ doing there?

Well, as they’re bugger-all use for anything actually useful, they can be either breeding stock or food…

househusband

Someone may have been mountain biking in the area over the weekend and might have taken some photos that the production team might have asked someone nicely to delete…

It is some set-up there with quite an impressive wall around the site; they’ve got exemption from the public outdoor access.

kcal

ha ha!!

matt_outandabout

Love it HH

csb

Charlie/Johndoe – good call, that programme was bonkers wasn’t it. Standing on a pole in the sea for days till they fell off, mad.

kcal

oh, just realised I’ve biked round that way, too, Scottish C2C route..

bencooper
    Free Member

No telephone sanitisers?

13thfloormonk

No telephone sanitisers?

Haha! Love what you’ve done there.

I see next week they have grown men threatening to smash one another’s faces in because one made the other’s girlfriend cry, experiment’s going well then…

metcalt

No telephone sanitisers?

Well if there isn’t there’s no point watching, might as well take a bath

househusband

I see next week they have grown men threatening to smash one another’s faces in because one made the other’s girlfriend cry, experiment’s going well then…

They’ve been in there for four months now so not surprised!

agent007
    Free Member

HH was it the beach and forest just south of here?

Ardtoe

If so guessing no restrictions on water access? Stealth nightime kayak beach drop of some hard liqour, a couple of leather whips and a pot of chocolate body paint should make things much more interesting for the next episode 😉

househusband

HH was it the beach and forest just south of here?

Yup. I was curious when I got home and the best/only map of the fenced area found here:

http://www.medievalhistories.com/eden-what-if-we-could-start-again/

Lots of power and satellite dishes, etc., and a not unreasonable collection of portacabin type offices and technical facilities – that was the photo they asked me to delete as I got a shot of a wall of monitors in the production office behind the fence. I was being rather cheeky in doing so but they were was very polite and professional.

agent007
    Free Member

Wow, lovely location 🙂

richmtb

Watched the first one, was kind of hoping it would be a bit lower key than other reality shows a bit like the BBC one from a few years ago that they shot on Taransay. Although I seem to recall it got cancelled early as it was a bit lacking in drama because the “cast” actually got on for the most part and conflict was kept to a minimum. I guess putting a group a people together who actually work well together and just get on with things makes for crap TV.

Ardtoe is stunning though , its a beautiful spot on a sunny day.

Not sure it will be much fun during a force 10 in November or on a drizzly July when midges the size of harrier jump jets descend and eat them alive.

lowey

Lovely location. I did think it lost all credibility last night with the “mysterious” boat drop.

JAG

I find these programs frustrating….

Mostly because the TV types choose people that will make good watching whereas I want them to choose people who can actually do what-it-says-on-the-tin!

My Wife gets fed up with me saying “why haven’t they lit a fire yet?” or “why don’t they divide up the chores and have small groups do each chore?” or “why don’t they spend more time finding clean water?”

You get the idea – either way I’m not supposed to speak while these programs are on in our house 😆

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Eden’ is closed to new replies.